• Mighty Jack
  • Secret Agent Super Dragon
  • Castle of Fu Manchu
  • Monster A Go-Go
  • The Skydivers
  • Blood Waters of Dr. Z

0 voters

5 Likes

The Day Time Ended is missing from this list.

10 Likes

Good point. Adding it.

Or not. It won’t let me edit the poll. Oh well, let’s just make it a classic series poll.

6 Likes

I’m really surprised Fu Manchu isn’t running away with this. The whole movie is a completely nonsensical mess.

With Mighty Jack there’s at least a semblance of an idea about what the villain is attempting. Monster A GoGo is a typical astronaut-turned-monster plot that just simply cops out at the end.

But Fu Manchu? I have no clue how Christopher Lee intends to do…whatever it is. The hero has no screen presence. You can’t tell the factions apart, even with a scorecard.

Although, yes, I’d vote for The Day Time Ended if that was offered.

2 Likes

Is this a question of being able to follow the storylines? Because I’ve watched all these enough so that I can do that. But I don’t feel particularly proud.

2 Likes

I just watched Secret Agent Super Dragon and I couldn’t tell you the plot, although I think Mighty Jack was more incoherent.

1 Like

I voted for Monster a-Go-Go because I think it’s equally incoherent, but none of these movies have anything going for them plot-wise. I couldn’t describe the plot of any of them, and I’ve seen them all multiple times. I remember that The Skydivers has something to do with sabotaging a parachute, and that’s the most I can do with any of them.

1 Like

With coffee, I think.

6 Likes

There should be a Manos option in this poll. Just sayin’.

2 Likes

C’mon! Everyone knows that Secret Agent, Super Dragon is about gum and college students’ love for it.

3 Likes

Manos is pretty coherent compared to all of these movies.

3 Likes

The art-loving villain is smuggling addictive drugs formed into Ming vases to make money, foment chaos, and improve his world-conquering capability, using a supposedly all-American college town and an underage girlfriend he’s tired of as his guinea pigs. It’s really not any more inane than any other spy movie plot. It just has budget limitations and a script written in pencil on bar napkins by a couple of guys who couldn’t finish their bocce game one day because they hit the sauce too hard.

6 Likes

I’ll have to take your word for it.

1 Like

Also nobody ever knees Cooper in the junk for his compulsive cigarette-stealing. Thus ruining the whole thing. But the scenery of Holland almost makes up for it.

1 Like

Monster a Go Go is literally a half-completed monster movie that Bill Rebane bought and filmed his own second half for. So it at least has an excuse.

5 Likes

To be fair to Mighty Jack, it is not a movie but the first and last episodes of a season of a TV show. And if you watch the KTMA version, it’s actually a lot more coherent than it is in season 3 which cuts out more and has more riffing over plot points.

I chose Monster a Go Go because that one literally changes characters and actors because of the attempt to complete it after it had been abandoned. And then, it’s obvious that they couldn’t figure out how to end it and so waved the magic wand and made it all go away.

Like @CLANG_Potroast, I’ve watched these episodes so often that I understand the plots pretty well.

6 Likes

I like the gum angle better.

1 Like

I can give you a kind of half-butted synopsis of all the movies on that list except for Mighty Jack.

No matter how many times I’ve seen the episode, I never have any idea as to what the hell is going on in that “movie.” I could watch that right now and come back here immediately, and I’d still be twenty different kinds of confused.

2 Likes

Also, honorary props for The Day Time Ended, because… what?

1 Like

They could’ve saved a step by just making chewable vases. :thinking:

3 Likes