What was the most important thing about 1301 for you?

Loved the riffs, but for some reason the thing that sticks out was the host segment of the Wrestlemania compliment-a-thong. Tom/Baron doing Hulk Hogan with a dash of Macho Man was hilarious. Also, the “I crush your head!” reference was to one of my girlfriend’s favorite skits, so it made me happy that it meant so much to her.

6 Likes

The riffs. Enough said. The single most important part of MST3K, and they were on point.

8 Likes

Yea, the highlight of the night was our new lord and savior White Dot, but my personal favorite was PERICO!!

Loved this first episode, the movie is pure schlock perfect for riffing (that horrible dubbing! the cheap sets! the nonsensical plot!) and Jonah and the bots’ riffs were well paced and tons of fun. Watched it with friends and we had a blast!

7 Likes

What about this that really made me swell with pride: The fact I directly helped to make this happen!

My contribution was fairly meager, but knowing, somewhere, my money got spent to bring back MST3K once again is so awesome and incredible! :smiley:

11 Likes

Watching the episode as a community rather than having them dumped all at once for bingeing.

MST seems to work best as a communal experience. I love going back and rewatching old episodes, but nothing shines like watching an episode for the first time and seeing everyone else key in excitedly on a dumb reference that you felt like was written just for you.

14 Likes

Ultimately the most important thing is that it exists!

9 Likes

The pacing, definitely. I couldn’t keep up with the last season, they tried to cram every second with a riff, my brain couldn’t process everything plus the actual movie dialog.

I did struggle to hear the movie itself. I was on my laptop with volume at full, heard the guys just fine, but the movie dialog was very quiet.

3 Likes

This:

4 Likes

The expanded cast was awesome and felt like a surge of new energy into a show that I absolutely love. I also appreciated the spotlight they gave to many of the writers and behind-the-scenes people.

Season 13 felt like a fresh collaboration of love and not just a victory lap.

9 Likes

I like that. Well said.

Also also, welcome to the forums, glad to have ya here!

7 Likes