What was your first MST/Riff forum?

And that’s pretty damn awesome, brother.

respek

6 Likes

That’s the tops, and I’m glad you folks have been enjoying this jazz as you have!

6 Likes

As a misanthrope, I want you all to leave these forums so I can have them all to myself.

7 Likes

Leave The Bronx Forums!!

8 Likes

7 Likes

mst3k705henrysilva

How many times do I have to tell you, no sugar threads! It makes me CRAZY!

4 Likes

This is also My First Forum. (One for the scrapbook! :framed_picture:)

I’m not sure it counts, but I spent an awful lot of time on Sci-Fi’s Caption This! site in the late 90s and got to know several other MST3K fans there. It had the pleasant community-ness I haven’t felt online until joining this here forum. :hugs:

8 Likes

Oh, nice! I’m glad to hear that you’ve made this your first forum and that you’re enjoying it as well!

THE CAPTION THIS SITE :smiley:

Oh, that was so fun! At that time, that really did feel next level…

3 Likes

My first forum was club-mst3k, which was not bad despite being a haven for spambots at the end. Its defining feature was something every MSTie dreams of: social clout for doing nothing more than quoting MST3k riffs.

8 Likes

AOL forum for me, RATMM after AOL died. Barb Tebben (Info Club Poobah) used to hang out on the AOL forum and we developed a pretty good relationship there. The Joel vs. Mike controversy was pretty mild IIRC.

I still occasionally peek at RATMM, as I used to run an NCAA bracket group comprised mostly of users from there. Haven’t done that for a couple of years, so haven’t visited lately.

5 Likes

At first I said just Satellite News, but now I also have a vague recollection of being on the newsgroups.

5 Likes

This is the first and only one I’ve ever been a part of. I guess I make occasional comments on Facebook and YouTube, but that’s not really the same.

6 Likes

And we’re thoroughly glad to have you take part in this as your first MST3K forum - cheers, and all the best!

4 Likes

These forums seriously get in the way of my enjoying this Columbo episode.

3 Likes

I have been trying to remember if Satellite News had a forum, did it? I read tons of stuff on that site but don’t remember ever posting anything there.
The past is just a big blur these days…

Edit: wow, the Satellite News site is still going, haven’t looked at it in so many years…

2 Likes

I don’t know if Satellite News ever had a proper forum, but they did (do?) have a method of commenting on their posts.

3 Likes

I posted a few things at Satellite News years ago, especially when they did their episode-by-episode guide.

The only memories I have of the Cinematic Titanic forum was that J. Elvis would pop in from time to time to say hi. And that there was a person who was upset about the Catholic jokes in the Vampire release… they seemed okay with other religions and denominations getting riffed, they just didn’t want them messing with the Catholics. :laughing:

Of the Sci-Fi forums, I remember Forrest Crow was there, and that I enjoyed the weekly chats with members when a new episode would air… but again, no moderation, so lots of garbage mouths would spoil the mood.

4 Likes

While this is my first MST forum, it is by no means my first internet forum. (been playing in those since the rec.arts boards in the 90s.)

5 Likes

Like Highlander?

This is my first MSTForum.

5 Likes

This is my first MST form/ social media experience in general. I’m not actually allowed to have social media other than this. I too missed the Joel vs. Mike flamewars.

3 Likes