What will you never, ever watch again?

Has there been any movie or TV show that disturbed you so much you know you could never possibly watch it again? Meet the Feebles came up in the puppet thread and I mentioned that, having seen it once, I could never watch it again. It was just too disturbing.

Another film I could never watch again, just for the ending alone, is The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover.

What film or TV show has disturbed you so much that you could never possibly revisit it?

6 Likes

The Green Mile is one of the finest and most powerful movies that I never wanted to see again after watching it.

Doubly so in the aftermath of Michael Clarke Duncan’s passing.

8 Likes

I just added my contribution to this thread to the one about Unremarkable Special Effects. Because apparently I could see the future. o_0

4 Likes

Just horror movies in general (especially Italian horror flicks), although I would tend to break that promise.

4 Likes

I saw FEEBLES at an American premiere many years ago and enjoyed it for what it was. Saying that, I certainly can’t fault anyone who feels that it disagreed with them.

I’ve found over the years, after becoming a father, that I have a very low tolerance for movies where children are harmed or put in harm’s way, be it physical or mental. I know they are just actors playing roles, but it takes me right out of the movie and I can’t continue watching. Even Zombieland, which is a fine comedy movie, bummed me out with the scene at the children’s birthday party with the kids turning into zombies and I know it shouldn’t have had that effect. (My wife even made a good point of saying that I should remember that those kid actors probably had a great time being able to play zombies and running around, but it did little to help my mood.)

7 Likes

The non-MST3K version of Mitchell. It sounded like a good idea in my head to figure out what happened to John Saxon and why he disappeared from the film but…it was terrible. Even Larry Miller and the declining years of Lee Majors could not save this film. Although that shouting match with the kids was almost passable. JDB and Linda Evans should not come into contact with each other, watching that gave me nightmares.

10 Likes

There may be people out there who wouldn’t even DARE to watch The Emoji Movie ever again. I never watched the movie myself, but after I saw the trailer, I never wanted to watch it. And I’m glad that I didn’t.

5 Likes

I can’t overcome my disgust and contempt for Mel Gibson enough to ever watch Chicken Run again. Too bad there’s no app which would remove his vocals and replace them with someone who’s not an unrepentant [redacted] on nearly every available level. Also, hard pass on a re-view of A Matter Of Loaf and Death for its constant fat-shaming. :frowning: Do better, Aardman. I know you can.

6 Likes

Shindler’s List is perhaps the best single movie I have ever watched, but I don’t think I have the mental and emotional strength to watch it through again. It took a lot out of me.

8 Likes

I just recently read that book, and think it’s probably among the best novels I’ve read. But I don’t think I could bear to watch that story play out before my eyes rather than in my head.

I was in a store recently that had the movie playing on a TV. I recognized that if was just before the execution of Del scene, and I had to make my purchase and hurry out before it happened.

5 Likes

I don’t blame you in the least.

3 Likes

It’s… oof. I hear ya.

It’s not a bad movie. That’s not at all what I’m trying to communicate here. I mean to say that it hits and it hits way too hard than I’m prepared to endure.

Same deal with Grave of the Fireflies. It’s a great movie in terms of both its aesthetics and narrative, but I can’t watch that again. I remember feeling down for a week after watching that.

6 Likes

Gentleman Broncos: A movie about science fiction fans and authors that despises science fiction, fans, and authors.

Exorcist II The Heretic: No thank you.

Batman & Robin: I hated this movie as much as George Clooney did.

Movie 43: So much talent. Not one laugh.

Cats: Utterly pointless.

Tomorrowland: I will regret those two hours on my deathbed. Same with The Haunted Mansion.

The funny thing is, I watch bad movies as a hobby. So I REALLY have to hate something to say I’ll never watch it again.

6 Likes

I was going to say this as well. I’m glad I saw it, I have a copy if I ever need to see it again … but yeah, I don’t know when or if that’s going to happen.

4 Likes

I came in here expecting Taylor Swift memes.

4 Likes

I too saw that. It was too sad for me to watch.

7 Likes

But well executed.

3 Likes

My mom told me a few times that she would never, EVER, watch The Exorcist ever again. She was 6 at the time when the movie premiered, and after watching the movie, SHE DIDN’T SLEEP FOR 2 DAYS & NIGHTS. And she hasn’t been watching any horror movies ever since.

5 Likes

Saw Carrie on TV, not even in the theater. I was a teenager with… real issues myself. To this day I can’t face the thought of seeing it again. The performers did too good a job at reminding me of real life. Fortunately, I’d already decided before I saw it that attending the Prom would never be for me. :wink:

5 Likes

Your grandparents took your mom to see The Exorcist when she was 7? [shudder]

4 Likes