What would you want to experience in an AR/VR SOL?

For absolutely no reason whatsoever - I mean none at all thanks - I find myself curious what folks would want or expect to experience in an AR or most likely fully VR SoL?

My bg is in anim, fx, games. (Lucasfilm, Universal, Activision, others) For a while, I’ve been playing with Unreal; part of the current day job, part for thinking out loud and as necessary, but rarely, to build ref for my 2D work. It’s been the clear winner in some aspects. So of course, after a few other interiors (TARDIS, Falcon, and some much more conventional) I’m wondering if I have time to take on something of the sort… ‘sometime’. Likely not next Sunday AD.

With personal work and classes demanding time til midDecember (I’m one of those who keeps his training and educ going, in spite of the career, heh) it’s a good time to plan. :slight_smile: Then reference. Then looking at my sechedule as early '22 hits. I might have another ten week class sprint in Feb. This’d totally take a back seat to my traditional work, but it’s been a lot of fun to think on… and eh you never know.

Could be one thing that gets me to break my rule of no cg work outside of the day job (long story) Labor of love, you know?

Anyway, I have a lot of thoughts on poc, early stages, nice to have, must-have, and the kitchen sink. But I’m curious what others would dig. When I allow myself a few seconds to laugh at an idea, I find myself thinking man, I can’t be the only one who’d want this!

:wink:

10 Likes

A sense of fulfillment.

6 Likes

I feel like you definitely gotta have the tunnel leading to the theatre. It would be fun to maybe have a microscope or something similar that you can look into and see Nanites. Also maybe you could look out the window and see Pearl chasing you.

7 Likes
  • An umbilicus that would either contain a random object when you open the hatch or let you crawl down it to get a peek at Deep 13.
  • A view screen for Rocket No. 9 that lets you see various objects in space.
  • A hexfield that could show you pretty much any random thing.
  • And a crate of Hamdingers, of course.
7 Likes

What would go on the Cambot side of the host segment room?

5 Likes

Rows of metal folding chairs, probably.

5 Likes

I’ve always wanted to see the SoL upside down :thinking:

4 Likes

I want to see where the Deep 13 tunnel goes. Maybe even a look at Gerry and Sylvia’s pad.

7 Likes

yeah, this and… mumble garble shzzzarktt*

2 Likes

This has been fun to read the first replies to, thanks…

So far I’ve jotted a small list of ~30 ‘events’/locations/triggers/fixed and dynamic bits going on. (Most are from Joel and Mike, working to see how to integrate later seasons…) Perhaps even a crayon note from the bots about a nasty AE-35 unit gone bad.

With different tunnels, etc… it’s been tricky to sort out if it should be a random experience, or if someone is given a set of choices up front and that determines one particular experience, or… or… or… fun times, you bet!

Always fun poking around in the corners of someone else’s universe… even if just thinking about.

4 Likes

It’s pronounced “bargle nawdle zouss”.

3 Likes

But it’s hard to bargle nawdle zouss with all these marbles in my mouth.

5 Likes

And that’s just the experience you will have with this brand new AR/VR SOL set from ConGypsCo. Only three easy payments of thirty nine, nine ninety nine, ninety five.

2 Likes

Perhaps the experience places you in the role of a Cambot-in-training…?

Then Cambot proper would at least be allowed to fly through once in a while.

5 Likes

A browser in the theater and/or clipped to the hex screen, so I can load the Gizmoplex site and watch new episodes in style.

It would also be a fun place to watch the Twitch stream in a group in AltSpace or VRChat, or all alone in a SteamVR environment if you were to upload or release the room model at some point.

2 Likes

What would I like to experience in the VR? How about ANYTHING! When can I move in? Seriously, I’ll leave this place right now. I’ll Fingal this thing!!!

3 Likes

Would you like the Sliders package or the Matrix package?

2 Likes

I’ll take the Matrix package. But just the first one… Matrix package #s 2 & 3 aren’t that appealing :laughing:

3 Likes

As I have a VR set, I am wanting a take my money! situation to happen now. As for what I think would be neat to see I want to see what it is like “in universe” to be at the counter looking at cambot to see how I see the Mads, is there a giant wall screen behind him, or what? Also, maybe a small bit in a corner labeled “Special parts” that looks all torn up and scavenged

2 Likes

Build your own robot. I’m thinking a base midsection that you can add arms, legs, head, decor, etc.

MST themed arcade. Pac Man could be avoid the Mads, Torgo, Krankor, Trumpy; pick up inventions for bonus points; movie sign turns the characters into targets. I’ve read some people making a virtual pinball machine. Crane game with digital bots, ram chips, Gamera, etc. Whack-a-Mole turned into Whack-a-Mad.

Snack Bar. Ram chips, ram chips and dip, Joel’s waffle ideas, popcorn, hot dogs, soda fountain, etc.

Design a movie poster.

5 Likes