What's Going On at Work?

City carriers had a ‘minor’ revolt this morning with management and the city carrier’s union rep…
Apparently, management is sending out CCAs (city carrier assistants) to carry routes they’re not familiar with and they are bringing back a lot of mail, like almost half of a route! So when the regular carriers comes back from their day off, they not only have to carry their regular route but also everything that was brought back from the day before and management still expects them to make it in time for the dispatch truck at 6pm!
So the regular carriers are livid because management won’t get on the CCAs but will write up the regular carriers for not finishing in a timely manner despite the overflow from the previous day!
And with this heat, things are definitely reaching a boiling point!

3 Likes

I don’t know what’s going on at work today, because I’ve been out sick for a couple days. But because we’ve been so slow lately, my job today would have been pretty much just climbing with the person I was working with. But I figured breathing air in an enclosed room and touching a bunch of communal surfaces would probably not be very nice of me. I just want to get back to being good at climbing! Which I expected to happen at work over the summer, but has not been the case. Arrgh.

4 Likes

Back at the sht show that is the USPS… no one passed out the coupon bundles for 3 days because of the lack of clerks, so my coworker and I passed them out to the carriers.
The worthless PSE refuses to pass them out, and when she finished sorting the parcels (by 9:30am), she went home! :man_shrugging: And Still management refuses to discipline her, so she continues to make her own hours all the while picking and choosing what she wants to do. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Another cluster f… of a morning at my post office… The postmaster was here early this morning helping sort parcels along with the supervisors. I’m helping put up letter mail as well as PO Box mail because once again, that worthless PSE left around 8:30 once the parcels were done being sorted… :man_facepalming:
Apparently, a problem city carrier tripped on an energy drink can left on the ground from another carrier yesterday in the parking lot and supposedly injured herself, so my coworker and I have to clean up the parking lot when the carriers leave for the street (because the redneck custodian is on vacation this week)… This makes us look bad because management thinks that we’re not doing his job while he’s away :roll_eyes:
I’m supposed to meet another city carrier to fix a cluster box in a new apartment complex downtown so that will give me an excuse to get out of the office!

4 Likes

One day @RVR2’s gonna have a smooth, pleasant day at the office full of helpful coworkers who don’t do anything stupid, and that’s how you’ll know it’s all just a dream

4 Likes

In fact, I plan on calling out tomorrow because I feel like I need to go to my parent’s house to help my dad with my mom who’s been suffering from stage 4 pancreatic cancer…
Her health continues to deteriorate, and the hospice nurses won’t be there until next week :disappointed:
What really p!sses me off is that i bought a shower chair to help my mom take a shower (because she is in such a weakened state), only to find out that my brother has one at his house only a block away from them! She’s fallen in the shower Twice already and her needing something like this didn’t click?!
Sorry to go off topic but dealing with these apathetic people at work, along with knowing my mom is suffering and there’s nothing anyone can do about it, is really wearing on my patience.

6 Likes

Caretaking is exhausting. :hugs:

4 Likes

Yes it is! I did this almost 8 years ago with my first wife, in Mexico… Her family helped out a lot, and I was the ‘muscle’ to help move her from place to place.
I was so drained mentally and physically for 6 1/2 months of this and it was the worst thing to ever go through, until now and it’s like deja vu all over again.

5 Likes