What's Going On at Work?

What’s going on is labor cuts, which means that out of a fear that I won’t have enough hours accumulated to continue qualifying for benefits with my weekly hours slashed by 1/3, I’ve picked up extra work this week.

I was on vacation last week, and my first day back the other day was a high-stress mess that nevertheless felt pretty good. It also started off a 6-day stretch that has me working close to 35 hours, up from a usual 23ish and also trying to get my first summer course off to a good start.

I’ve certainly made some choices this week.

4 Likes

(Over the radio): “I don’t know if people know this, but if there’s a red flag on one of the ramps, it means don’t come up it!”

Oh, it’s extra great when a Driver Trainer comes over to “help”…thinking of one in particular, but they’re all equally useless.

But, same goes for 90% of the cretins who are supposed to be there. There must have been an underground movement among certain generations to deliberately drop their children on their head repeatedly. Some kind of fad, like Baby Einstein or whatever. It didn’t actually turn out to be a good idea. One can learn from the past! Don’t consume Pop Rocks and soda at the same time…and try not to touch the baby’s soft spot. Seems like common sense now, but you know how some of those new age fads are once they get started.

1 Like

Back at work and I come back to a sh!t storm…
Wrapped a total of 5 pallets of mail trays, 2 pallets of magazine tubs ( I could probably get a third pallet if i wanted to, but I don’t), had to jump off a mail truck that the Sunday delivery driver left on all night, a laptop that needs wiped and windows os reinstalled, a month old monitor that’s flickering so I had to swap it out with a spare, and other petty things that no one handled when I was on vacation all last week :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Thanks for the help guys :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

What’s going “on” at work?

I think there’s some brain-eating bacteria to which many of my coworkers are succumbing rapidly. Not good.

No, I’m not giving any details. I might become enraged!

But it’s bad! It’s an epidemic! Very bad!

2 Likes

4 Likes

So i guess the city union big wigs that were here a week and a half ago doing their investigating must’ve gotten the attention of management so what’s the postmaster’s solution?? Hey, let’s have hotdogs and popcorn for breakfast today! :person_shrugging: And she decided to recognize all the veterans for the first time ever… Sure that’ll help get the carriers out to the streets faster and get them back in a timely manner :roll_eyes:

1 Like

And the beating will continue until morale improves. (You just get popcorn in-between)

2 Likes

This has never augured well for me personally.

1 Like

You mean you don’t spring out of bed all “CHOMPA HOTDG?”

3 Likes

And then an electrician shows up to work on the overhead light at the main entrance and the postmaster freaks out that we gotta block off the main entrance… only to discover it’s beyond his capabilities :roll_eyes:
Then the supervisor wants me to remove some tape residue off an old desk before i go… You wait till the last minute to tell me this?? Oh and they wanted me to move a small blue mailbox into another office… it’s solid steel and it probably weighs 50 pounds. COME ON MAN!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

real genius GIF

2 Likes

Steve had crackers!

2 Likes

Figured out a “clever” way to avoid getting labor-shared to an unpleasant task…by following company policy and submitting time off for odd time segments during the morning rush.

So, I can just clock out, perfectly legitimately, do some light-to-heavy reading, clock back in…and Bob’s your uncle!

I don’t mess around, boy!

If I’m on the labor board for the actual stuff I’m the best at on my team, then I just cancel the request. It will slightly screw up my Area Manager’s plans, but we’re so heavily overstaffed, it’s not going to make a difference.

1 Like

Forgot to also mention yesterday that all postal employees were required to ‘clock over’ to a code on our time clock to complete a ‘Postal-Pulse Survey’…
Management apparently uses these surveys to get a pulse of what the employees think of how management is doing in the work place. This survey is supposedly confidential yet has our employee ID number on the top right corner of the survey :roll_eyes:
Yeah, so I did a one-click clock over then brought it home and tossed it in the burn pile in my outdoor fireplace. Get a pulse of that! :fire:

1 Like

These are just random words from somebody’s jargon hole and humans should not be forced to parse them while operating machinery and stuff.

2 Likes

Yeah, we have daily surveys when logging into our parcel management devices…I think ours might actually be confidential.

But I doubt it!

However, I made great strides in expressing my annoyance at my lazy slobs of coworkers over the two-way.

I was not just sarcastic, as usual, but patronizing. Perhaps even man-splaining (to a group of…today mostly “men”…boys…man-children!).

A new tool for my arsenal of expression of contempt!

1 Like

Postmaster is out until after Memorial day so that’s nice. Anytime she’s away the morale here goes up quite a bit! No word yet on when she’s going to have her other knee surgery but it can’t come soon enough! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Oh great… The rural supervisor decided to bring in ‘Cocktail Franks’ and wants us to cook them on a hotdog cooker…
I don’t think these were meant to be cooked on this. Probably should be cooked in a microwave or an oven but i have no idea.
I get that the memorial day weekend is going to be a washout but this creates more of a hassle for us and takes us away from our normal work :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
Aaand… it didn’t work. The breading just fell off or rolled up onto the hotdog rollers :roll_eyes:

If I had my way, I wouldn’t even bother with doing something like this at all. Just go get some biscuits from a fast food restaurant and be done with it :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

“We had pigs in a blanket but the blankets caught fire and the pigs died. The squealing was horrible.”

2 Likes

Saturday is supposed to be my coworkers day off for Memorial day weekend but…
She’s coming in to work the whole day because it’s gonna rain all day, and she thinks I need help. NO I DON’T!! I just want to work a day in peace without being badgered and bossed around!

On top of that she’s reading up on the postal reorganization currently underway across the country and thinks it’s going to affect us sooner than later. It might but i don’t stress over things i can’t control! Quit freaking out! Whatever happens will happen and there’s really nothing we can do about it!

2 Likes