What's Going On With Your Weather?

As I mentioned in my first post, I’m a weather nut. Always have been. Back when I was in the Navy on Nuclear Submarines, I was based in Charleston, SC and Category 4 Hurricane Hugo came rolling through back in September 21-22 of 1989 and went outside while the eye was passing overhead. To this day, that is the most intense adrenaline rush I’ve ever had! After the Navy I went on to college where I got a BA in History w/ a Minor in Geology where my focus was studying earthquakes in SC.
So what’s the weather doing in your locale? :sunny: :cloud: :partly_sunny: :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: :sun_behind_small_cloud: :sun_behind_large_cloud: :sun_behind_rain_cloud: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_snow: :cloud_with_lightning: :tornado: :fog: :wind_face: :cyclone: :zap: :snowflake: :fire: :droplet: :ocean: :crescent_moon: :ringer_planet:
Is your weather MST3K weather?

8 Likes

All weather is MST3K weather :wink:

Specifically here – SF Bay Area – we will be under a Red Flag warning tomorrow morning through Tuesday evening because “Gusty offshore winds combined with rapidly drying vegetation have the potential to cause large and damaging fires.”

Otherwise, quite pleasant!

4 Likes

I’m in southeastern Idaho and we have snow in the forecast for tomorrow. Rain the last few days and highs in the low 40s for the next couple of days before we warm up to the high 40s and low 50s. It’s wonderful.

4 Likes

I am SO jealous right now

4 Likes

We were getting your smoke all summer long so I’m definitely relieved to escape it. I hope you are. If you’re in the Bay area, you’re on the other side of all those fires, right?

5 Likes

We’ve got a storm system off the Carolina coast bringing in cool winds from the north east into my area…
Not expecting any rains from it but it is comfortable outside :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Nice, pleasant 70 degrees here in Central Iowa. Might go for a walk later. Could use some fresh air after watching that insane Packers-Bengals game.

5 Likes

Yeah, it was actually kind of weird because last year and in 2018 (year of the Camp Fire) the smoke was terrible, but this year we got very little smoke at all despite having many fires in roughly the same places. We just got lucky with the wind patterns this year, and the whole rest of the country got slammed instead. My mom in Colorado said they had something like 40 days of air quality warnings in a row this summer.

5 Likes

We were pretty much the same here in Idaho. It was awful. I’ve never seen the smoke for so long.

4 Likes

The weather’s been pretty wacky but it turns out there was just be a piece of the key to time in the lake.

4 Likes

Today it was 86deg, 76% humidity, and 20mph winds. Oh, and enough pollen to choke a horse.

The Ohio River Valley, ya’ll. We don’t really get spring and fall anymore.

4 Likes

I’m dead just from reading that :sweat: :skull:

3 Likes

It was a cloudy fall day in CT. We had a bit of rain and a high of 17C. Yep, C. I’ve lived in the US for over a decade and I still don’t use F for temperatures.

4 Likes

Any kind of weather is MST3K weather* around here!

*provided that it doesn’t take out my power

5 Likes

I live in Upper New England, so my weather is warm with a side of cold, likely raining into snow then fog into super heat. Imagine the weather here to be like a compass near an iron-rich mountain.

5 Likes

The record high temperature of 87 degrees today was tied at the Charlotte Douglas International Airport. We’ll have a modest shot at the record of 88 degrees tomorrow!
Welcome to Fall in the Carolinas :hot_face:

3 Likes

Central New York has had temps in the 70s/50s for a few weeks. There’s still lots of green in the trees, and my porch flowers are still blooming. It’s very very weird, we should be in the thick of crunchy orange fall chill by now.

Because we live in the lee of Lake Ontario, we’re used to getting buried in lake effect snow, and attitudes about it are fatalistic to the point of half-believing in vengeful snow gods. People seem to be enjoying the nice weather, but are resigned to paying for it sooner rather than later.

4 Likes

We got some graupel snow this morning, followed by wind (which is almost a constant in Idaho), followed by sun and a snow flurry while the sun was shining.

By the way, this isn’t the joke thread, but here’s my favorite Idaho joke.

Why did people settle in Idaho?

They were headed toward the coast and they decided to wait until the wind stopped.

6 Likes

I’ll just ask Weather Servo 9.

4 Likes

It is unseasonably warm locally which is keeping Lake Erie warm. That’ll ensure I have Lake Effect Snow :snowman: :snowflake: to think about for longer than usual.

4 Likes