What's Going On With Your Weather?

Eclipse sky cover forecast -

Source -
https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/key_messages/LatestKeyMessage_2.png

I’m a couple hours east of Louisville (actually just east of Lexington), where I’d planed to make my base Sunday night prior to heading to ‘the zone’ Monday morning. But now I wonder should I turn south to Memphis. Maybe west to St Louis? Will that clear spot around Paducah fill in? Go north to northwest Ohio?

Damn you, weather! Always changing!!!

2 Likes

Not good :open_mouth:
I’m gonna settle for my 83% partial eclipse with partly cloudy skies here in the Carolinas…
At least I know I’ll see something :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

We’re in the 80-90% eclipse band. And it is supposed to be cloudy and rainy all day monday. So, I’ll just pretend that I can see an eclipse.

1 Like

I have made it to Dallas, and am just gonna hope for the best.

2 Likes

Glad to hear you had a safe flight, and hope the same for the return.

I hope you brought an umbrella for the eclipse. But tomorrow looks nice.

If you can, get to Buc-ees and get some Bever Nuggets.

2 Likes

These are the wind gusts so far

The big wind is supposed to be overnight with gusts of 80mph for my area (100mph possible just a little farther west)

Hurricane-force winds. Now you understand why my roof is rated to 120mp. Xcel has preemptively cut power to ~30,000 homes in case lines go down.

2 Likes

Now showing Mostly Sunny skies for ‘Eclipse Monday’ :raised_hands:
Been working on my mounting setup for using my Samsung Galaxy S22 along with the Solar Snap app & filters, and recording it with my GoPro setup facing the phone screen. Also ran an extension cord with USB-C cables to maintain power for the entire event (hopefully)

Posting this for my reference tomorrow… :crescent_moon:

2 Likes

All’s good to go! Eclipse forecast unchanged with Partly Cloudy skies :+1:

1 Like

It’s sunny! No clouds. NO WIND.

2 Likes

No Zombie attacks here in the Chicago area after the eclipse.

5 Likes

83% Max Coverage from my place (North Central SC) and it was mostly sunny :+1:

3 Likes

It has been cloudy all day, and we were only supposed to get 80-something percent eclipse today. I saw nothing (but may have been looking too soon or too late), but I am pretty sure that big dip near the right end of the graph shows our solar panels getting eclipsed…

1 Like

Got some light rain moving through the area today but the quiet weather pattern is forecast to end starting on Wednesday night. A surface low will develop & pass through our area by Thursday afternoon, bringing a cold front along with it. This could produce a Slight Risk of severe weather with it. :open_mouth:

There will be a low-end risk for severe storms tomorrow (Thursday) morning; the biggest impact will likely be heavy rain and a few gusty thunderstorms with gusts around 40 mph possible. Pretty soggy start to the day, with drying conditions by afternoon.

2 Likes

Crazy that we had gorgeous weather for the eclipse on Monday but it’s done nothing but rain since then

4 Likes

Forecast was saying storms after 12am Thursday morning but so far nada… The future radar still shows storms forming over my locale by 7-8am so we shall see.
It is quite breezy out currently in the early am :wind_face:

1 Like

Woke up to the sound of rain on the roof this morning. It was lovely. It seems it’s supposed to keep going until tomorrow evening.

3 Likes

Weekend in the far SW burbs of Chi-town looks great! 72° Saturday, no rain (and I don’t understand why I sleep all day, and I start to complain when there’s no rain). Feels like backyard movie night!!

2 Likes

So far, Nothing but light showers. The storms have not developed and the radar doesn’t show anything developing so looks like a dud forecast :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

2 straight days of rain are actually working out great for me… the inspection at my new house is tomorrow, so if anything’s leaking, it should be pretty obvious.

3 Likes