What's Going On With Your Weather?

Typical Alberta fall, the colourful leaves, Canada geese, cultists running around the woods…

It’s the season where, I think, we all wonder if beer is on the sun…

6 Likes

5 Likes

Do you have any FEWD?

4 Likes

A piece of key lime in the lake-?! Was there some sort of pie related disturbance in your location??

4 Likes

Our first cold moved through the Carolinas last night and it felt nice!
Finally a break from the stifling heat we’ve had here for months :hot_face:

4 Likes

We got our first hint of rain in more than 9 months this week. YAY!

Sunday should be fun…
screenshot showing forecast for light rain Saturday and Monday, 2.23 inches of rain Sunday

4 Likes

Been dry and cool hare… Extended forecast doesn’t show much rain in the near future :confused:

2 Likes

The weekend weather could not be more perfect here in the Carolinas, but Monday afternoon/evening has severe weather potential. Strong low-level winds then changing direction with height could lead to a broken line of severe thunderstorms :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

1 Like

Our weather is seasonal, of all things! How very odd!

3 Likes

We have the potential for tons of snow in the mountains over the next few days and we could be getting snow ourselves in the valley by next Tuesday. It’ll melt. It nearly always does at this time of year, but we really need the moisture this winter. It’ll be hard going for the farmers next year if we have another dry year.

3 Likes

******* **** of a ****… I had to run to the store. The National Weather Service forecast rain between 11pm and 3am locally. It is absolutely not between those hours, and I am soaked.

4 Likes

I have the Weather Channel app on my phone to alert me of rain/storms approaching my locale and it’s pretty accurate overall, though sometimes it’s off by… Miles :compass:

1 Like

I check weather.gov before going anywhere, since I bike and don’t drive. The current local forecast is ‘slight chance of showers between midnight and 5am’.

That doesn’t dry me off much.

3 Likes

They say we might get up to 3 inches of rain tomorrow and I am STOKED

Unfortunately I have to go somewhere and can’t just hole up at home but I’m hoping to be back before the worst of it.

3 Likes

Bomb cyclone.

Rolled in earlier this morning. My neck of the woods is sorta on an edge of things so it’s been okay – lots of rain, even more wind, but okay. A bird feeder in the backyard is the only casualty so far.

There’s eucalyptus across from my house and the winds blowing through them always sorta sound like the ocean. Not so much today… but I’ll admit that it still caused me to sleep in this morning.

4 Likes

Yep I’m just a bit south of you and it’s ok so far but I expect we’ll have some localized flooding and downed trees/branches before it’s all over.

Our local CBS station has decided to air football on a split screen with live Doppler on one side. I guess for people who don’t have any windows?

4 Likes

An interesting resource for weather-watchers is Lightning Maps. It tracks lightning strikes around the world with only a few seconds’ delay.
The quality of map for your neighbourhood may vary, but in the UK there’s an Ordnance Survey overlay option: Real Time Lightning Map :: LightningMaps.org

5 Likes

See I could enjoy a split screen football/radar setup :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah I like this map of Real-Time Lightning strikes :open_mouth:

1 Like

Checking out the stats on that Pacific ‘Bomb’ Cyclone…
943mb :cyclone:
That’s pretty impressive!

2 Likes