What's Going On With Your Weather?

We got a bit of rain last night and temperatures for the next week are supposed to be close to normal. (That is, hot but not Cool Hand Luke hot.)

Then it’s supposed to be about 90 degrees every day through the first week in August, and God knows how much longer after that.

This is the Summer of Satan.

Now is the Hottening.

Heat Advisory until Thursday at 9pm.

1 Like

How’s everyone in St. Louis doing?

1 Like

If anyone asks for me, I’ll be spending August in cryo-sleep.

1 Like

Had a surprise rain shower right at lunch time and looks like there’s more on the way…
A line is forming from west to east and bringing some heavy downpours with it😮

1 Like

Been raining off and on all day, a drizzly gray day that would’ve been perfect for staying home curled up on the couch with a book or TV show. But while the rain has cooled us off t0 about 76F, the resulting humidity is about 294%, to the point where even indoors feels a little swampy. And outdoors is like trying to walk through a sponge.

Just another day in paradise!

1 Like

And now my future radar is predicting a big green blob forming over us :woozy_face:

1 Like

That looks like one of our typical radars, but reverse the white and the green.

1 Like

Wow, the temperature dropped below 80°F before 7pm!
Just went through the data from my weather station, last time it cooled off this early was 10 days ago.

1 Like

4pm. 98 degrees Fahrenheit.

1 Like

Oh, it’s been in the high-nineties, low-hundreds for about two days.

But it’s a “dry heat.” Yes, I work outside, manual laborer, and it turns out mostly in the shade provided by my distribution center untill about ten o’clock, then the shade disappears and I don my ludicrously large sun hat through high noon and beyond.

I don’t care about the heat much, dry as it is, since I’ve got my “unform” of a wifebeater tucked into shorts, and a light cotton dress shirt over it, and my ridiculous sun hat. Hell, I don’t care.

But, yes, I drink so much water during my shift it’s…a lot…and, yes, my urine is orange at the end of the day.

Good thing beer at home is so refreshing.

There better not be any “flags” on the post, or I’m about to get salty. Grow up, people.

I am somewhat surprised that people here are like “ZOMG Cancel the Sunlight!” I sympathize, but this is not swamp weather, and just stay in the shade and chill out! Use an electric fan or a hand-operated fan! It may be uncomfortable, but it’s not the end of the world.

1 Like

Now THIS is more like it :+1:

2 Likes

Hmmm. Looking out my office window at what looks an awful lot like a supercell thunderstorm headed this way. Raining hard already. This might be interesting.

1 Like

Just had a strong line come through, lots of lightning, 1/4 inch of rain in about 10 minutes, and the temperature dropped 16 degrees in that time as well.

Blue line is temperature dropping from 86 to 70, grey line is the heat index going from 92 to 72:

86to70

Thankfully no power outage, but alarms and sirens have been going off all around me.

1 Like

Oh, Joy. They’ve extended the Heat Advisory another day.

1 Like

The heat yesterday here in the Carolinas was atrocious!
Brought down 2 leaning trees yesterday and just trying to drag them from the yard to the road was kicking my @$$! Took around 2 hours to drop, cut up and drag to the road and man I was totally whipped after that because of the 90+ degree heat and the 70+ percent humidity :hot_face:

1 Like

Doesn’t cutting down trees just take away your shade?

2 Likes

Not these 2, they were not providing any useful shade so no loss there…
I will try to keep any tree that does provide valuable shade in my yard :sunglasses:

1 Like

1 Like

Carolina weather…

1 Like