What's Going On With Your Weather?

One final heat wave is in the forecast the Carolinas starting tomorrow through Thursday and then our first Fall cool air blast of the season moves in on Friday :open_mouth:
No rain to speak of unless there’s a brief rain event Thursday night/Friday morning when the cold front moves through the area :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

We’re getting our first rain of the season! It’s not much but it’s a few weeks earlier than usual so that’s good.

2 Likes

In the 70s for the next couple days, then temperatures will crash around midweek and be in the 60s, with lows in the 40s, for the rest of the 10-day forecast. We may have seen the last of the 80s for the year unless we get a late heat wave (which is not unprecedented.)

1 Like

Sounds similar to my weather. We’re up near 80 for the next couple of days and then after that, if the forecast is correct, we won’t get out of the 60s for at least the next 7 days.

1 Like

Not local nor weather related but…
Today a major earthquake struck the west coast of Mexico this afternoon not far from where I used to travel back in the day (Iguala, Guerrero) and I started to do some History checking on previous earthquakes and I found some eerie correlations…

1985: September 19 / Earthquake 8.1

2017: September 07 / Earthquake 8.2

2017: September 19 / Earthquake 7.1

2021: September 07 / Earthquake 7.1

2022: September 19 / Earthquake 7.7

I’ve experienced a few earthquakes while in Mexico, the strongest was a 6.7 back in December, 2011 and that was impressive even though it was 40 miles deep and only caused minor damage.

2 Likes

Smoke. AQI around 175.

2 Likes

33 Years ago and I remember going outside my Navy barraks in Charleston looking up through the eye as it passed over and seeing the stars…
To this day this was the most intense adrenaline rush I’ve ever experienced!

3 Likes

So Invest 98 is looking to possibly affect the eastern gulf and southeast U.S. by the end of the month.
This could get interesting depending on future frontal boundaries affecting it’s movements… :open_mouth:

1 Like

Being a weather nerd, this is the time of year where things get interesting. Granted this model run is a little over a week out, but Invest-98L looking like it might be a monster storm.

4 Likes

Forecast high tomorrow: 53
Forecast low: 40

2 Likes

Apparently someone forgot to tell California that it’s fall now

Weather.com screenshot showing weekend temperatures in the high 80's

4 Likes

2 weeks from today we are scheduled to cruise to Bermuda out of Norfolk VA. and I’m awaiting word on how the island fairs from Hurricane Fiona…
The right front quadrant is the worst side of the hurricane and that’s the part of the storm that will pass over the island.
Hoping for the best for them and I really don’t want our cruise cancelled as a result :worried:

3 Likes

Our high today was 94 and a cold front with very little rain is currently racing through the area bringing with it our first real Fall air mass into the area.
Tonight’s low: 52 Man that’s gonna feel soo good :relieved:

2 Likes

High today was 60 and the low was around 45.

2 Likes

First day of fall and we are getting actual fall weather!
Yesterday it got to 80 at 10am, dropped to a low of 51 this morning.
Today it’s supposed to stay in the 60s and drop into the 40s tonight.

3 Likes

This mornings Low: 49 Feels great outside!!

In other news, TS Ian looks to continue to pose a threat to the Florida and the southeast by the end of September/beginning of October. Here in the mid-Carolinas we’re back in moderate drought conditions and this storm (if it holds it’s current estimated track) will be a drought buster for us. :cloud_with_rain:
We shall see…

2 Likes

Got down to 41 here this morning, luckily I remembered to switch my thermostat to heat mode last night.

2 Likes

As of the 5 pm updated track, Ian continues a slow but steady shift west from Florida’s western coast. There is still a lot of uncertainty in the long-range but this track keeps the storm over very deep warm water. Cat 4 intensity is now likely.
Effects of Ian could reach my locale in the mid-Carolinas as early as Thursday night/Friday morning :open_mouth:

1 Like

Are you near the coast?

1 Like

I’m south of Charlotte NC. We’ll see strong winds and heavy rains mostly from the storm. Possibly a tornado or 2

2 Likes