What's Going On With Your Weather?

It rarely gets over 70 degrees F here, and it’s 95 as I sit here right now.

Glad I made ice cream.

1 Like

So there’s something weird going on here in Denver.

The sky … it’s blue. Is it supposed to be that color? And it’s warm! We should be somewhere in the mid-70sF by this afternoon. So that big ball of burning gas thing in the sky, that’s supposed to be there too, right? :smile:

Needless to say after a week and a half of grey, drippy weather, it’s nice to see a bit of a warming trend over the next few days. Highs in the mid-70s and the usual if-you’re-standing-in-the-right-place-you-might-get-rained-on chance of rain in the afternoon.

1 Like

Currently the weather in St Thomas, VI: :sun_with_face: with a high of 86 with a slight chance of afternoon rain or thunder showers :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: NOICE :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Swinging back towards more season-appropriate temperatures.

1 Like

NWS is forecasting “Patchy smoke before 10 am” tomorrow. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Thunderstorms are close by here in Amber Cove, Dominican Republic.
Current temperature: 88F and much hotter in the sun :hot_face:

1 Like

Back to grey and gloomy.

Some thunder rumbles and just enough rain to make the sidewalk damp. Temps hovering in the low 60s (F).

2 Likes

Currently the Carnival Sunshine cruise ship is passing through a storm squall off the coast of the Bahamas heading back to Charleston, SC.
Based on the Charleston radar, this is just the beginning as we’ll probably pass through some more storms off and on the rest of today, tonight and tomorrow.
When we pull into Charleston Sunday, there’s a good chance of rain and thunderstorms during the road trip home :open_mouth:

Storm squalls continue and we’ve had a couple close lightning strikes, and there’s still dumb@$$es in the pool and hot tubs! Now I’m no rocket pliance but these goofs are just asking to be zapped :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Welp. It’s supposed to be a nice day here in Denver, but you wouldn’t know it. Skies here are grey and what I thought was just morning fog (rare here, but it happens) is actually smoke. From Canada.

Lots of smoke.

Ugh.

1 Like

Watching a potential low pressure off the coast of the Southeast… Early season development can’t be ruled out.
This could have big impacts on the Carolinas weather for Memorial weekend .
Watching for a possible pull back into land with a cut off/upper level low feature and affect my grilling plans :open_mouth:

1 Like

Still smoke-choked thanks to Canadian fires. I haven’t seen the mountains or the sky since last Wednesday.

Yuck.

1 Like

Meanwhile in the far-western reaches of U.S. territories…
A very serious situation remains at hand for Guam. Mawar’s passage near or over Guam will be near-super typhoon status equivalent to a Cat 5 (155mph). Periods of heavy rain and increasingly stronger gusts are expected this evening. Sustained winds will steadily increase overnight. A direct passage over Guam will result in significant damage.A direct hit from the still-intensifying Supertyphoon Mawar would be the worst in decades, possibly surpassing the devastation of Supertyphoon Pongsona in 2002 :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Still trying to figure out what the developing low pressure will do towards the end of the work week into the weekend, but chances are growing that it will impact the Southeast coastline with heavy rain. Watching the Carolina coastline in particular. No tropical nature with this but it could bring similar impacts as a tropical depression just with cooler air involved.
I will admit, it has been very nice temperature wise with highs only in the mid-70s lately when we could be in the upper 80s to lower 90s this time of year so I ain’t complaining :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s stupid warm (86F) for May, but the breeze makes it a nice night for soccer!

4 Likes

Futbol.

1 Like

FUTBOL IS LIFE!!

(I use “soccer” in non-football circles to avoid confusion. :laughing:)

Still a gorgeous night!

5 Likes

For the first time in a week, I can see the mountains. There are rumors we might see this thing called blue sky tomorrow.

I have my doubts. :slight_smile: (mostly because a front is coming through and we have a good chance for rain)

2 Likes

Light rain currently moving in from east to west as the outer rain bands coming in from this developing non-tropical storm system off the Carolina coast…
Saturday, Sunday, into Monday has a good chance of cool/cold rains along with 15-25mph easterly winds with gusts possibly up to 35mph.
Temperatures could be in the low 60s for Highs (possibly record low-High temps) some 25 degrees below normal :open_mouth: Fun Times for the holiday weekend.

1 Like

A scorching week-long heat wave moving in this weekend.

1 Like

Latest rainfall estimates: 2-3 inches total from this storm system :open_mouth:
Highs on Saturday will not even reach 60F :cold_face:

1 Like