What's on the menu? Food riffs

I don’t want to hog all the food, so last one for the night, someone is selling this card on Ebay - from Slime People

7 Likes

Don’t forget how TV’s Frank was introduced to us along with… The Thruster Buster!

7 Likes

Them’s legit?

2 Likes

looks like they came from a Kickstarter campaign

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 TRADING CARDS ~ RRParksCARDS by Richard Parks — Kickstarter

2 Likes

But… is it bold?

3 Likes

“It looks like he’s holding a bottle of Tabasco sauce…”

5 Likes

That might be one of my favorite invention exchanges in the entire series. It really showed how funny Josh Weinstein could be, and it’s also one of the show’s first musical moments.

Also, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen it, but I remember At the Earth’s Core being full of food references. Like every other mintue, it seemed like they had a few jokes about food. There’s also that baffling dessert in Avalanche that they for some reason have a thousand of.

7 Likes

Rifftrax has done a few food shorts that are really fun. I can’t remember the name but Cambel’s Soup had a magician join a cook to show all the ways you can use soup for EVERY MEAL YOU EVER EAT!
Plus the Hormel meats shot is as discussing as you would imagine a tour through a Hormel meat plant would be.

4 Likes

Tortillas stuffed with ham!

https://mst3k.fandom.com/wiki/Stay!

4 Likes

What about that Killer Shrew drink based on The Killer Shrews?

Ingredients:

• Chocolate ice cream
  • Cap’n Crunch with Crunch Berries
  • Peanut M&M’s
  • Mrs. Butterworth’s
  • Circus peanuts
  • Mr. PiBB
  • Marshmallow Peeps
  • SweeTarts
  • Vanilla Frosting
  • Good & Plentys
  • and a pinch of garnished wind-up shrew

… Yeah, I think I’m gonna be sick.

9 Likes

Here’s to big ass steaks! - Kitten With A Whip

6 Likes

Don’t forget the Hamburger Sammiches with French Fried Potatoes Garnish!

6 Likes
7 Likes

All of The Chicken of Tomorrow.

5 Likes

“Ever eat a pine tree? Many parts are edible” - Crow, from “Day the Earth Froze”

Riff comes from the 70s Grape Nuts commercials with author and natural foods expert, Euell Gibbons. The most famous spot opened with the words Crow spoke above. I couldn’t find the original ad for that one, but here’s another, with cat tails!

3 Likes

Can you imagine how many empty containers of Potato Ole are on the floor of that truck?

4 Likes

Oh that’ll stop a 400 pound guy who smells pancakes.

5 Likes

“Lunch is at 11:30, right, Mike?”

4 Likes

The many appearances of sammiches… or at least the two I can remember: Tom’s reasonably priced tuna melt sammich (with coleslaw and a pickle) in The Girl in Lover’s Lane and Crow’s unidentified regenerated sammich in Gunslinger.

4 Likes

Not to mention the one in The Undead that Bobo made using MAY-O-NNAISE and… other stuff.

5 Likes