What's the next Tribute show?

Since the next new show is on Comic-Con week (7/22), any bets on what is coming on July 8th, aside from a new short?
Since it’s just after the 4th of July, how about something patriotic, like Rocket Attack USA. It’s in the website, so they can take that on
thoughts?

5 Likes

I imagine we’ll find out tomorrow night. But they’re also promising different types of shows so I’m wondering if they’re gearing up to switch things up on the next one.

But it might be a Gamera episode since we have Jiger coming up.

6 Likes

As I’ve said in another thread: it’s our patriotic duty to watch Rocket Attack AND Invasion: USA on a double bill every 7/4 weekend. Even if we’re not officially directed to do so.

Oily, punchable heroes and wooden expired ingenues, plus lots of boozing and stock footage. THAT’s what made this country great! :us:

2 Likes

I like to watch Being From Another Planet on July 4th, as it’s the only episode to premiere on that day.

So according to what we learned from Emily at the end of Dr. Mordrid, Being from Another Planet must be called a patriotic July 4th movie!

5 Likes

According to the end of the Demon Squad livestream, it’s Gamera vs. Guiron!

7 Likes

Ah, fun. Definately the goofiest of the Gamera movies IMO from what I’ve seen (Zigra at least had the monster be more intelligent and able to speak, even if it did have the fish debate).

2 Likes

This will be Gamera vs. Guiron according to the Gizmoplex app.

1 Like

The ticket in the Gizmoplex Member Pass section confirms Gamera Vs. Guiron, as does the Gizmoplex Virtual Theater exterior.

While we’re on the subject…

julygizmoplexexterior1

THAT EXTERIOR, THOUGH :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Fire-breathing Servo with thrusters and glass pack! Wow!

Chopped and channeled.

5 Likes

I really hope there is another short. They haven’t done a short in a while.

3 Likes

They’re generally doing shorts with the tributes, so that seems likely.

5 Likes

Yeah, but they didn’t in June.

1 Like

Each classic episode tribute event is usually accompanied by a new short, and the ticket for this Gamera Vs. Guiron event confirms that there will be a new short as well.

6 Likes

There wasn’t a special event in June. just the two regular episodes.

6 Likes

Is Servo breathing fire, or does Crow have a severe case of underarm body odour?

4 Likes

Hmmm… there may be aspects to Crow’s abilities that we haven’t fully taken into consideration.

Crow DID have a mess of coins in a pocket dimension in his head, as per that one GizmoBlip last month for Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell.

To paraphase one of his riffs from The Brain That Wouldn’t Die, he has strange powers.

[Side note: Hampton’s Crow telling Jonah “QUIET, YOU! I could buy and sell you a hundred times over with my head coins!” is one of my all-time favorite Crow moments.]

[Side side note: Kelsey’s Crow saying “Why are you always accusing little ol’ innocent me? I didn’t do a thing!” to Emily in response to the magical picnic basket shenanigans in another GizmoBlip is also so quintessentially Crow.]

[Side side side note: I cannot wait to see what host segment-type stuff they may have planned for this tribute special!]

3 Likes

both GIF

4 Likes

I wonder if we’ll get a recipe this time. Haven’t got one since the first tribute show.

3 Likes

I’m one of those unfortunates who keeps having trouble viewing movies in the the-ATE-er. So I hope those issues get sorted out soon. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes