What's Your Favorite Short?

One of my favorite shorts would have to be “Last Clear Chance” and the totally unforgettable line “Can you identify this bucket full of your brother?”

Anyone else? What’s your favorite?

15 Likes

Such a fertile topic! “Last Clear Chance” is great, I’m also partial to “Century 21 Calling.” But I think my all-time favorite has to be “Once Upon a Honeymoon.”

Best riff in that one: “Here’s how far I’ve got: La.”

15 Likes

Oh man, yes! Such a hard choice! Last Clear Chance is such a good one! Once Upon a Honeymoon, Out of This World, Century 21 Calling, Progress Island U.S.A. and of course many from the Joel era too are all good as well - but I will choose Chicken of Tomorrow! Favorite riff: “Some eggs don’t even exist!”

11 Likes

I have a soft spot for Why Study Industrial Arts. Chicken of Tomorrow is good too.

10 Likes

Has to be Coily for me!

NO SPRINGS! WEEEE OOOO!

14 Likes

One word (but two parts): Hired!

17 Likes

Once Upon a Honeymoon is flawless. I also have deep love for The Selling Wizard. Also also Out of this World! Gosh I love shorts.

12 Likes

I am 1,000,000% on board with this assessment. :+1:

(Specifically, @EBK 's “Why Study Industrial Arts?” and then “Chicken Of Tomorrow”.)

4 Likes

I have always been a huge fan of posture pals, appreciating our parents, and Hired -part 1 (though the cherry on top of Hired is the musical number right afterwards).

Mr b-natural is a classic, gold standard.

9 Likes

Fun fact: I swanned around my house singing the Hired musical for weeks after starting full time at Alternaversal. I’d only share that with you folks. :laughing:

26 Likes

“Out of This World”. Who knew both sides of the afterlife were so concerned about bread deliverymen?

“A platypus could do my job!”

7 Likes

in best game show host voice

Well Bob, I gotta go with “Speech: Platform Posture and Appearance”. “A Date With Your Family” is a REAL close second.

6 Likes

Mr. B Natural, of course, second note from the left! Perkiest note on the stave and best legs of any Mr. I’ve ever seen. (YMMV)

8 Likes

Behind the Scenes at the Supermarket… I have nothing else to say.

6 Likes

It migrates, but Out of this World is often at the top. I love the whole cheesy “Satan and God are in a constant battle for the souls of the bread delivery industry” concept.

7 Likes

Also, nobody is saying Robot Rumpus, but I know everyone’s thinking it.

8 Likes

@BobN It’s gotta be… Hired! Part 2!

4 Likes

“A Case of Spring Fever” is high on my list. Also love “Robot Rumpus” and “Truck Farmer.”

7 Likes

Once Upon a Honeymoon is just solid.

My favorite though is Here Comes The Circus*

*some jokes you couldn’t do now.

11 Likes

I feel Mr. B Natural is the same way.

9 Likes