What's YOUR Problem? A Thread for Griping Part 2

This is sort of a double gripe. First for me and second for her. We went to a new franchise of a regional drinks chain that just opened up in town called Ginger Ale’s. When we pulled up to the window to take our order (you have to make it at the window and it’s only drive-through), the lady first asked if we had and then if we wanted a loyalty card. A little weird at a drive-through window, but whatever. Then we made our order and she asked if we wanted any soup. I said no and she said, “you have to come back next time and try our soups” and listed off all of the different soups they would have this week.

It annoyed me, but it was also clear that her employer was making her do it, so I also felt bad for her.

Also, we’re not going back. Overpriced, small, and unimpressive drinks. My daughter loves smoothies. A local place has the same peach smoothie she likes except twice the size and two dollars cheaper.

7 Likes

RadioShack made us ask for emails at checkout. It was a metric. Protection plans for any electronics, also a metric. Accessories for cell phones? Thats a metric.

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s usually pretty clear when someone’s being forced to say stupid things. I always give them a polite “no thanks” and sometimes share a grimace.

8 Likes

I remember when Radio Shack did that and it annoyed the crap out of me. The one where I lived refused to sell anything to you if you didn’t give them your zip code. At the time, the town had two zip codes and one was only for the university. The chances that someone would come into the Bloomington Indiana College Mall Radio Shack from another zip code or even the university zip code were vanishingly slim.

But they did give you those battery loyalty cards, so there was that.

I’m always polite, and I feel bad for them, but it doesn’t stop me being irritated by the whole thing.

4 Likes

It’s all fun and games until you get the soup and the smoothie mixed up during the lunch rush. :dizzy_face:

“Hey! Why is my soup in a cup with a straw?!”

“Please pull forward, Ma’am. There’s a lot of other people waiting.”

2 Likes

After some sleuthing, I think I found said article… Wow that’s nuts :open_mouth:

1 Like

The place was super slow too and there was only one car ahead of us. We were there in line at least five minutes, but probably closer to 10. The person in front of us got one drink. We got a smoothie and a frappe. Nothing on their menu looked like it would take any longer to make than, say, Starbucks.

I can’t imagine how long you would have to wait if the person in front of you ordered a breakfast bagel or something.

1 Like

Radioshack trained me to be an ‘Assistant Manager’, decided they werent going to have those in my district, and then my boss stopped showing up, so they gave us a manager who already had his own store down the road so I became a clerk with manager duties but not the pay or authority.

As far as gripes go…

7 Likes

I’m sensing Crow’s new screenplay: Earth vs. Smoothie.

It is, obviously, a sequel to Earth vs. Soup

7 Likes

Secret Agent Super-Smoothie!!

“Mein Gott it’s SMOOTH!!”

:netherlands:

[mashes up the jazz trio with “Nick Sips!” from Found Footage Festival]

6 Likes

Dont make the mods tell us to shut up!

But, yeah - it’s been a fun ride

2 Likes

Politics is a lot like “I’m Mad!” from Animaniacs but less mature and articulate.

2 Likes

Yeah, we’ve noticed a trend towards overpriced, small portioned, and slow all coming together. Usually in sort of… soulless, faux-trendy/boutique places that feel “people like eating, let’s make money off that. Pick whatever’s on the trending popular menu items list from [National Food Supply Chain].” Anything that’s not a locally-owned, food-loving place leaves us a bit disappointed.

4 Likes

We have a ‘Dante’s Inferno’ section at the bottom of the RiffTrax Forum where we can discuss said Toxic Topics :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Smoothies? :thinking:

I dunno. I think a splash of pineapple juice can cover up a lot of sins. Once it’s about ten degrees warmer out, I’ll be back to fixing some at home.

2 Likes

Considering the political bent of one of the members of the Rifftrax crew, I don’t know that I would enjoy that much.

2 Likes

Maybe. Then again, I’ve always wanted to go inner-tubing with Sally Jessy Raphael.

1 Like

That sounds like a very slippery slope :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Well, we’ve all learned from that other thread not to go to Action Park for our first date. :wink:

3 Likes

She’s already wearing her 15 Pieces of Flair™, now she has to push the mushroom bisque and the Loyalty Oath Card. Cut her some slack.

7 Likes