What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

Hey it’s Monday and that means it’s a good day to be grumpy! I thought I’d start a place for us to complain about our problems, big or small. Not necessarily a place to solve them, but sometimes you just gotta tell somebody why you’re feeling crabbier than Shurka’s hat. By having a dedicated thread, I can resist the urge to jump on someone’s recipe or craft picture with a poorly disguised segue into my complaint du jour.

I’ll start: for two weeks I’ve had sciatic pain and IT SUCKS. Also I’ve been sitting on ice packs any my butt is frozen solid. If the Titanic hit my butt, Rose would be toast.

So, what’s YOUR problem?

26 Likes

Monday is a good day for griping but lucky for me I called out sick to extend my 5 days off from the post office into 6. It was a needed break as the Christmas rush is ramping up and there’s no vacation time off allowed in December.
I’ll return to work tomorrow and it won’t be fun :triumph:

7 Likes

People keep squeezing the Charmin.

12 Likes

Work doesn’t end for another hour and I’m bored!

Edit: Also there’s this guy on Reddit talking about “Nazi Jews” and I can’t even…

9 Likes

DAMMIT that’s just TOO MUCH

6 Likes

The leaves are getting rained on, which means they’re too heavy to put in the green bin. Which means I’ll miss out on getting the equivalent of a bag or two hauled away as part of the monthly trash charges this week. (Instead of extra bags later, for which I’ll be charged extra.)

It doesn’t really matter. It’ll still be fine to rake even in December around here, as that’s when the last of them fall. (It’s rare for us to get any snow that month or suffer blistering cold.) But I’m annoyed anyway.

8 Likes
9 Likes

The War On Xmas officially begins at sundown on 11/28 this year. Don’t be late!!

13 Likes

I’m coming armed for bear this year. Secular songs, awareness of other holidays, the whole arsenal. WATCH YOUR BACK, JOLLY MAN

16 Likes

I have my red Starbucks cup at the ready.

11 Likes

The same week I went part time at work (much needed and appreciated!), I got a notice from my landlord that the apartment building where I’ve lived for 17 years is going condo.

So I have until mid-March to find another place, and rentals have more than doubled in price in the last few years (thanks a bunch, AirBnB!). I am not having fun, and I’m too old for this excrement.

19 Likes

We looked into renting vs. buying and around here, it’s cheaper to buy in the long run (our mortgage is half what we were paying in rent), so you might consider buying into the condo scheme.

7 Likes

The down payment would cost all of my retirement savings, and the mortgage payment would be more than I make right now.

So that’s a no go.

I’m currently looking for some place temporary until I can get into subsidized housing. I’m one year from retirement, so you can understand why I don’t want to spend my entire life savings on housing.

12 Likes

Yeah, I totally understand. It doesn’t make sense for everyone. Anyway, good luck! I hope you find something soon!

6 Likes

I’d like to complain that the kids these days don’t know squat about good music. How do you even do the lindy hop to that? Don’t get me started with all the boom-shaka and argle-bargle, it makes me meshuggah.

I’m a Krampus supporter, so I’m not quite sure which side that lands me on. Perhaps the equivalent of the French Resistance?

14 Likes

I know a pig that does the lindy all the way home.

3 Likes

I ordered from the delivery service Waitr, but they didn’t bring my drink. When I used the glitchy chat function on their site, I was informed they would only give me a credit because of “pandemic protocols.” This was clearly a lie because it makes no sense. If they can bring me food I ordered they can go back and get the drink they left at the barbecue place. Thanks for giving me the chance to share.

15 Likes

I thought “chilblains” was a hilarious word when I heard it in cartoons as a kid. Now I get chilblains every fall/winter unless I wear multiple layers of giant socks for four months. It is not hilarious.

12 Likes

And you wonder why I prefer Festivus. I’ve got a lot of problems with them and they’re gonna hear it.

5 Likes

If Krampus is French, what does that make Festivus?

2 Likes