What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

Oh he WOULD! I gave him our $1500 deposit in cash. But I wasn’t going to be d**king around with $23,000-ish in cash for the rest of what we owed!

2 Likes

There are some amazing songs in the hard rock/heavy metal genre that get overlooked quite a bit because they aren’t made by so-called mainstream pop artists.

4 Likes

Welcome Brick!

old_man_yells_at_clouds.gif :wink:

4 Likes

That’s my feeling, too. “My” music would typically be the early 90s, but I love 80s and 70s (not disco so much) and 60s and 50s and so on. I love classical. But I also have some modern hard rock and some metal that I enjoy that is relatively new.

I will also say that there is some music that is current that I like, but not as much. I like Daughtry and One Republic. I have some Matt Nathanson, Jason Mraz, David Cook.

But I’m not big on a lot of the current pop.

3 Likes

I was a kid in the 70s, a teenager in the 80s and a young adult in the 90s, so those are where most of my favorite music comes from, along with classic rock stuff from the 60s. I like some stuff from the 21st century, but definitely a minority.

They say that when the current pop music starts sounding ridiculous to you, you have officially become the Older Generation. The Boomers and Gen Xers were unusual in that we liked each other’s music a lot more than two consecutive generations usualy do.

6 Likes

Bad music transcends generations.

5 Likes

SOMEONE LEFT THE CAKE OUT IN THE RAIN!

rainy GIF

3 Likes

Don’t worry. A passing dog will still eat it.

3 Likes

I feel like liking the popular music of an era is an obligation of teens and they just don’t fulfill their obligations like they used to.

4 Likes

So I was supposed to have surgery today, but yesterday they called and told me the insurance never went through. We called the insurance and they said they were told the surgery was cancelled, which is total BS. So we have to go through the whole process again and wait for another opening and meanwhile I live in discomfort.

1 Like

I’m so sorry, friend! U.S. healthcare is completely broken.

4 Likes

Oh, UGH! I am so sorry to hear that! This healthcare-for-profit crap has got to go. I hate that this is jerking you around like this.

5 Likes

Due to a recent death in my family, it occurs to me that I’m the only thing standing in between a literally psychotic person and an inheritance. :grimacing:

4 Likes

We should simply revoke every elected official’s taxpayer-funded healthcare. I believe this would be a good start on the road to universal nationalized care.

Step 2: Public pantsings.

Step 3: Force them to all karaoke “It Serves Me Right To Suffer,” accompanied by a monkey on bagpipes.

8 Likes

I’m very sorry, man. I wish I had more to offer and more to say, but what I have to offer and say, I do so as emphatically as I can. Here’s hoping you get an opening much sooner rather than later, and you take good care out there in the meantime, do whatever you have to for yourself.

5 Likes

We are working hard on it. Thankfully, my wife’s (I have insurance through her) benefits office has been really helpful and has told the doctor that they will do whatever is necessary to help, so hopefully this will be rectified soon, but I’m pretty upset about it anyway.

6 Likes

OH NO! I was gonna eat that cake, but now it’s all wet and now I don’t think I want any…

8 Likes

And I’m sorry but I’ll never have the recipe again.

5 Likes

I mean, you could just look at your search history. It’s probably right at the top.

4 Likes

Oh no.

2 Likes