What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

Oh no! So sorry to hear so many woes came at once.

1 Like

Shrugs I’m used to it…

2 Likes

Outrageous.

So I attend mass after work, stop in for a beer and who the hecj do you think is waiting there for me, like a freaking stalker?

effing A.

Words are words but she knows damned well that’s what I do.

Asks to play pool I say ‘yeah, why not.’ She can’t even string together enough thoughts to make a sentence.

Why?

What the frack hell do you want from me, you lizard carcass?

Just get the hell out of my face, you freaking unfit specimen!

There’s more but am on the phone on break at work.

Why?

This a test of some kind, I’m sure, like Job or something!

Uh oh :open_mouth: as the world of Jimmy 2X turns chapter 13(?):zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

The thing where a picture is slowly coming along, but you’re stubbornly trying to push it in a particular direction while it demands to go completely the opposite way. And you know you’re bound to either lose the argument, or heave the damn thing out unfinished. :roll_eyes: :art: (I wonder if this is what parenting would’ve been like if I’d been fool enough to also try my hand at that.)

2 Likes

I wrote this elsewhere:

And with some minor schedule tweaks, it actually did, with covid flying around taboot (I continue to feel fine and test negative, because I am a contrarian). But I missed every single bit of the big premiere weekend.

Looks like it went well?

2 Likes

Yay! I have relatives in Oshkosh and I’m a stone’s heave away from there. Oshkosh is definitely a nice place. If When you do get the job and plan on moving, you can do some reconnaissance on how to be a Midwesterner by checking out Charlie Berens on Instagram or on the interwebs. It’s over the top, but honestly not by much.

Hope your foot feels better soon!

3 Likes

monday rears it’s head once again! at least 3P0 is getting worked on…

Just got an email…city’s about to shut down the road in front of my office building for a water main replacement.

Completely close.

For 8 weeks (estimated).

Starting tomorrow at 6am.

Well, this will be fun. :neutral_face:

And you have to go past my place to get from Oshkosh to @wyswysia’s place.

3 Likes

Yesss! Chaos reigns supreme!

1 Like

YASSS! Because that’s exactly what my workplace needs more of! :laughing:

1 Like

Almost landed a house this weekend, but lost out to someone bidding less but paying in cash. A lot of cash buys lately. Wonder if it’s real homebuyers, or investors/speculators/landlords/banks continuing to plunder the market.

Increasingly the world seems to be telling me “take up pyramids schemes, my son, and cheat old people out of their pensions”… :rage:

3 Likes

Misogyny, it brings my blood to a boil.

That is all.

4 Likes

That’s largely the case around here, we lucked out and got the first offer in, and it was accepted. Phew.

Several of the houses in the immediate area have been turned flipper white inside and are now rentals, and some of the more vocal locals are up in arms about it. It’s unseemly, I guess.

2 Likes

deep thought for the day. isn’t inflation a myth? Government raises prices. companies raise pay a decade or so later…so it’s like the inflation never happened… proccess, rinse, repeat… Burger King will soon be about 200$'s for something that used to be $7’s :).

As someone who owns a condo where some units are rentals, I can tell you it makes a big difference. Renters and residents have completely different mindsets with regards to property and neighbourhood.

1 Like

and I still won’t eat it. That place smells so good for a place that treats me so bad.

2 Likes

That’s no kidding.

I’m just happy onion rings are back.