What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

Cheese makes everything better. :cheese:

I mean, maybe your back lot doesn’t need those cute little rambunctious kids, but if I were you, I’d be having them over for a picnic every year; the fact that too many went in the trailer, and the others refused to go without, means they all want to visit you! :smiley:

4 Likes

We can at least be grateful that their relationship appears to be better than this:

:wink:

3 Likes

Let’s just say I’m pretty sure that some of those goats are in our freezer right now. The goats are primarily raised for meat purposes, but get rented out to earn their keep while they grow.

3 Likes

I’m sorry that you have that struggle. I’ve seen the opposite problem where the kids don’t want anything to do with the new spouse more than what you’re dealing with, but it’s wrong in either direction. Your late wife’s family is still your family and you shouldn’t have to cut all ties with them to appease your second wife.

I don’t have a solution of course, but this sounds like it’s something that needs serious discussion. You shouldn’t have to walk on eggshells because you’re keeping in touch with family.

5 Likes

Someone in this thread 3 months from now:

“My gripe is these goats I bought to mow my lawn leave goat poop everywhere!”

2 Likes

Not to go into too much detail but my first wife I found out was sending a lot of our money south to support her family in Mexico, much more than I was aware of and my second wife feels all of my late wife’s family were a part of the treachery. MOST were but not all and my goddaughter’s mother who passed away a year and a half ago to Covid was the one that told me just how much she sent over the course of our 16 year marriage (upper 5 digit figures)… I know the few that did not have their hands out but because of the overall result from being financially betrayed, it was best to just stop communicating with almost all of them. Even though I had great times when I traveled there, I no longer travel to visit them in Mexico.

5 Likes

Must be nice to be useful in life AND in the afterlife! Dual purpose!

3 Likes

Somewhat agree. Although it is entertaining to watch.

In fact, I’d recommend everyone follows my recommended course of action and withold opinions until at least that time in which one might have something to hold onto. Like a strand of pearls, about which one may clutch.

And yet, I tire of rudimentary “two cents” worth opinions, whether they are valid, worthwhile, or not.

/* edit because I thought I hallucinated typing a response to some ghoul in a fright wig, then remembered to not taunt the hosers.

so, this will have to do. */

1 Like

Hey I paid GOOD MONEY for this fright wig!! [flounces]

1 Like

Dammit!

I have the only fright wig, clutched in grasp like a netted strand of pearls!

Oh…this isn’t the Lounge.

Well, carry on then. Nothing to see here. Show’s over, people!

Gripe?

My place of business is closed tomorrow, and, TBH, I’d much rather have worked on the Fourth.

Antigripe? The bartender liked me today, because I was following Wimbledon on the TV after work today.

I could be a real boy someday!

Gripe?

Oh, no…probably not.

< insert the maximum of laughter smilies one possibly can >.

But I did shoot really crappy pool trying to set up challenging shots after work today. That was bad.

But what was good? The bartender gave me the keys to the coin-up Valley tables and let me open them up. That was good.

But what was bad? Where are there fright wig Booth’s in the world?

I call it an even wash.

It is true, though, I’ll miss seeing (some? a handful?) of my coworkers tomorrow. Sophie, especially, who is starting to irritate me a bit because she always shows up about fifteen minutes late, even though her hair looks like it smells good and we get along fine.

But I enjoy having some time to sweat hard and joke around, within reason, with my compatriots at work, and I’m certainly not going to leave my place for the express purpose of doing some nonsense.

1 Like

Well, I found the packs of menthol cigarettes (even though I’d bought more).

But what did I do with the sixty bucks from the ATM?

The bartender was very friendly.

She has been for a while.

I have no idea. Many of the men about the bar allowed me to walk a wide rope around them.

Hell, even put a dry shirt on after work before hitting the tavern.

Wonder where’n that loose money got to way back last week.

(I) REAL GRIPE!!!

WTF? People setting off Golldarn bs firehonkeys already? Go ahead on, cracker peckerwoods!

(II) Sure would be a shame, peckerwoods. POS MFs. Go ahead, burn your own ess down, morons.

Antigripe? Maybe some of the law-a-skirting boho mfers will get the picture that an “emotional support” animal isn’t trained to react to these abominations, and will leave my condo community.

They don’t pull no water around here, and I don’t cotton to neither party’s junk, but as long as that crap doesn’t disturb my sleep tomorrow at 1900, then no problem.

1 Like

I was driving to work this morning and the mountains were on fire. I don’t know why they allow fireworks here.

3 Likes

They don’t even allow sparklers where I live.

it’s illegal to possess, sell, store, or use any fireworks within the city limits – including sparklers, novelty items, or any fireworks that can be otherwise legally purchased in neighboring jurisdictions.

Fireworks violations are Class 1 misdemeanors and may be punishable by a $2,500 fine, 12 months in jail, or both.

4 Likes

And how many people are setting them off anyway and how many actually get hit with that fine or jail time?

There are so many fireworks complaints here every Fourth, counties have set up special hotlines so the 911 system isn’t overrun. The only things that are allowed here are things like sparklers and those spinners that don’t leave the ground. And yet I have several someones in my neighborhood setting off mortars every. single. year.

3 Likes

Put me down for a generic “the world is terrible” gripe on this day when I am not feeling very patriotic.

Love to you MSTies and thanks for helping fight the Deep Hurting with laughs. It’s the only way.

11 Likes

:100::point_up_2:

5 Likes

Blooming ground flower.

Light and step away.

Never mind, it has to be said in Joel’s voice.

But it should be both! Punishable and garnishable. Half the country is dry tinder, and these maniacs are blowing it up.

Kolchak! Needs some Andy Rooney eyebrows. Gripe over! Let Kolchak have his say.

2 Likes

Oddly, the sparklers are not illegal because they are a fire hazard, but rather because, according to our city’s fire chief, they are responsible for over 25% of fireworks-related emergency room visits.

3 Likes

Fireworks are illegal where I live. I’m pretty sure last Fourth they were being set off at about 1 house in 3. Some people in my neighborhood were setting off full-sized fairground fireworks for a good 3 or 4 hours. No idea how they afforded that many.

It wasn’t that bad last night, tonight remains to be seen.

2 Likes

I don’t even want to think about the amount of money some of these people are basically setting on fire.

There was a lot of loud banging around here at midnight this morning. I’m sure there will be more of the same as soon as it gets dark. I’m hoping :crossed_fingers: that since it’s a work night they won’t go on for too long, but I know I will be awake until at least midnight and probably until 1 or 2 am.

3 Likes