What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

Jerk at work.

3 Likes

I was supposed to see Bikini Kill tonight. I bought tickets two years ago, and it’s been postponed twice. Just found out that, due to one of the members getting covid, it’s being postponed yet again. I just want to see them before I give birth and can’t do anything for a while.

5 Likes

My copy of the Monty Python and the Holy Grail annotated script had a cover that was very loosely glued to the spine. It popped off while I was reading it after about a day.

1 Like

Make sure the webcam is off. :wink:

1 Like

Only cameras are outside.:shushing_face:

2 Likes

Be careful, there… electrolyte imbalance is real!

1 Like

Customer service - trying to cancel an account

I wrote saying, “I did this, but how do I do that?”

They reply, “To do this, do this”

Me - “But I’ve told you already, I was very clear that I had done this. what I want to do, is that”

-sigh - why are they telling me to do, what I already explained was done?

It’s very simple… I did the “this”, I can’t do “that” and I want to do “that”. How do I do “that” (forget “this”, stop fixating on “this” and focus on “that”)

6 Likes

Because their script only includes the instructions for this, not that.

6 Likes

I wish there was some way motorists could communicate with each other as to their intended direction of travel. Maybe someday… :arrow_left: :arrow_right: perhaps.

8 Likes

UPS delivery times are all over the place but recently they’ve been arriving at decent hours (afternoonish) until tonight…
Ordered a 1000W power supply for my main video editing computer that showed it would be delivered Saturday-never arrived. Then it showed it would be delivered today… By 7:15pm it finally arrives and the driver was about to leave the box on my side steps where I have no awning from rainy weather but luckily she read the sign I had to put there saying “Please do Not leave any packages at this door because they will not be protected from inclement weather”. So after huffing and puffing about that she walks around to my front porch where I have a screen door and lightly attempts to open it but the top part is sticking because of a lot of rain we’ve had here lately so it’s swelled a bit so instead of pushing just a little bit harder, she leaves it on the wet front steps which can also very easily be seen from the road for porch-pirates to walk up and snatch!
Look I know you’ve had a long day but just a little effort goes a long way :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Drivers. Driving. People who drive. Or “drive”. Just all of it

7 Likes

Never mention anything other than that. They will always focus on any this instead of the obvious that.

3 Likes

Yes. I’ve never driven/delivered any routes myself, but I work most days a week closely with the drivers.

Some of them were not meant for the profession. They’re pretty quickly weeded out or thinned from the muscle, but not before multiple failures.

I can tell by the way they load their vans who’s going to be in it to win it and who’s just going to be licking the jar…and it doesn’t break down by who’s the most muscular, etc. Tall, short, man, woman, there are people who can do it and those who can’t. There’s no licensing requirements or real tests of skill. Purely on the job training, pretty much.

About that. My gripe? Well, let’s just say no one wants to spend six or seven hours in county jail, smelling putrefying apples, rotting bolgona, and witnessing grown men behave like small children, tucking their arms into their shirt sleeves or tweaking out or whatever. And the phone “conversations” are ridiculous. These are men in their forties, talking to some of their family in the most ridiculous of tones.

Don’t drive drunk, is what I’m saying. It’s not worth it, no matter how many decades you’ve been fine or whatever.

Also, it’s pretty freaking hot already, after midnight back at my place thanks to a friendly but eccentric cab driver and a very generous tip.

5 Likes

I’m not an angry person but it makes me so angry when people don’t use their turn signals, which sucks because I am apparently the only person in this town who uses their turn signals. So basically I’m uttering curses in my car constantly.

6 Likes

Having a manipulatable plastic tube coming out of your waist is like living in a David Cronenberg film.

2 Likes

I second this gripe.

Every single outing via automobile leaves me slack-jawed, wondering what possible defect leads a person to “forget” to signal a turn.

Any turn. Whatsoever.

How is this not burned into the brains of every single driver? I’d find it pretty much impossible to turn without signalling. It couldn’t happen.

4 Likes

My workplace is filled with desks, tables, and whatnot that usually reach somewhere between my hips and my knees. Occasionally my shins. And given that I have the spatial awareness of Godzilla on a rampage from time to time, I often have a nice collection of little bruises on said areas by bashing into things.

Got a corner? I’ll run into it. :laughing:

6 Likes

I sympathize. My home office is in the garage and my wife always puts the push mower near my office door and I invariably stub my toe on it twice a week.

2 Likes

Postal pallets are made of black plastic and the rounded corners have edges that are ankle high so walking around them too close will tag an outer ankle and cripple you for hours :tired_face:

3 Likes

lol. I still fondly recall the day I was crossing a two-way intersection with lights. Some yahoo, who wasn’t even trying to turn, thought she should pull her behemoth of a car all the way into the crosswalk. Meaning that I had to walk head-on into oncoming traffic to get past her. And I had the right of way. I was so furious that I took the rather large library hardback I was holding in both hands and slammed it down on the hood of her car as hard as I could. Then I made Hulk-face at her. That broke her narcissistic trance, all right. :imp:

5 Likes