What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

That is also a downside. Sometimes I feel like almost a bit of nerve damage might be occurring if I strap on the watch too tight.

Is it as bad as those silver bracelets the popo use?

No, but it’s a valid concern.

But there’s always taking a cue from Flavor Flav! Right around the neck! Big__ clock! C’mon, you know you want to!

3 Likes

My cousin, who has two daughters, took them to see a free outdoor showing of Grease. She knew there was some questionable stuff in it already, but she said she forgot how misogynistic it is. Also, I remember when she was 8 and I was 10, my parents took us to see Wayne’s World. The movie thankfully has held up, but I don’t think I’d let my hypothetical 8-year-old watch it. OTOH, a lot of the sex stuff in it went over my head back then, so I don’t know.

5 Likes

Listen friend, there is a reason that I don’t have long hair and shave half my head. And the reason is because the hair gets into my food, gets rolled up in windows, gets caught in seatbelts, and occassionally would attempt to suffocate me in my sleep. I can’t imagine a clock would be any less dangerous in my hands or around my neck.

3 Likes

I gotta know…it’s been a dog’s age since I’ve seen that, but it’s got to be the Party Wagon stuff among others.

Yeah.

But back in that day, they knew how to apply pomade. Just for men! All men were issued sturdy combs and a handful of grease.

And the magic of song and dance.

Yeah, but it looks cool! Sort of.

1 Like

Can you convince my daughter to get a mohawk? I think she’d look awesome with a mohawk. But she’d prefer huge out-of-control afro. Which is fine, I guess, but a mohawk would be so much cooler.

I always wanted a mohawk when I was 12.

4 Likes

Oh, and here’s a pre-gripe, in 2 weeks, my daughter’s first drum kit will be tuned and finished and ready for us to bring home.

Yay?

5 Likes

The great thing about hair is that (usually, but with some exceptions) it grows back.

Let your daughter have the huge out-of-control afro when that’s what she’s feelin’ for her hair. But meantime, send her cool-ass pics of mohawks as inspiration! I mainly find people will say “Oh, I don’t have the head for that” but everyone has the head for a mohawk if they want to jam that style. :heart:

She’s got her whole life ahead of her to do wild stuff with her hair. Be supportive of wacky styles and she will eventually work her way up to mohawk. It’s irresistable!

4 Likes

Dude, I want to hang out with your daughter, she sounds like a total blast!

4 Likes

Oh, c’mon man! Slap some practice pads over the heads, get a set of rubber brushes…don’t be that way!

A good drummer? That’s very rare! The world needs more!

3 Likes

Just a wild guess, but I’m going to assume it’s because Sandy changed who she was for a dude. Sure, Danny initially changes himself for Sandy, but then he goes back to the way he was.

1 Like

I absolutely let her do whatever she wants with her hair. Her mother doesn’t like it but I also had a huge afro at her age. I still think she’d look cooler with a mohawk though.

And yeah, she is a blast. When she’s not hiding in her room watching YouTube videos.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say she’s a good drummer yet. She’s only been taking lessons for a year. But she’s not terrible. And yeah, we’re using practice pads. It’s fine. I can go hide in my office in the garage when she’s practicing and she can even take the pads off then!

3 Likes

I have always worn one and notice it when I leave the house without it on.

As a kid even though I’m right handed I always put my watch on my right wrist.
It was never an issue until I was in my late 30s and started using a mouse a lot. I tried various wrist rests but they didn’t help.

So I moved it to my left wrist. It took just about 1 year to get used to the switch.

4 Likes

That is the weirdest thing I’ve ever heard!

Well, you know, kind of close, anyway! Right up there with rocket car and jet pack. You must be an exceptional soul!

Wow. That’s not something I can even imagine. I guess decades of indoctrination! I’ve never varied from LH+watch, being RH-ed.

Propers to you!

2 Likes

Why must all the cute shoes for women essentially be foot prisons? The only bad thing about my day thus far was wearing these cute wedge shoes. My 4’11" SIL wears f-ing stilettos on the regular, to the point where it feels more comfortable for her to wear those than flats. I may not be much taller than her (I’m 5’2"), but I am not willing to turn my feet into Barbie feet. Thankfully, I’m home for a bit. Supposed to meet up with a friend later, but when I do, I’ll be wearing my much more comfy Nike slides.

6 Likes

The closest my wife gets to cute women’s shoes is Mary Janes without heels. Which is fine with me, whatever makes her comfortable. I get wanting cute shoes, but I don’t get torturing your feet. I mean you wouldn’t wear gloves that hurt your hands…

3 Likes

I hate shopping for shoes. My feet are two different sizes and two different widths. So if I can find comfortable shoes, I get them. I don’t care if they’re cute. I care if they fit and are comfortable. I have no cute shoes. Oh, wait. I take that back. I have a pair of Skechers that are actually comfy and would, I suppose, be described as cute. Otherwise? Nope. Don’t care.

5 Likes

Flavo Flav wore them well

2 Likes

You know, I’m probably going to regret saying this, but Flava Flav is probably more graceful than I am.

3 Likes

Most “typical” women’s shoes look to me like they’d be better as wall-mounted sculpture than as footwear. Their real purpose is display your wealth (or that of your partner) and emphasize that you can afford to go around for days at a stretch in a state where you’re unfit to perform manual labor or move faster than .5 mph. Lol. I forget which psychology-of-fashion book I saw explain this in my college days, but it’s true.

As for the earlier discussion of wristwatches: they are one thing about the past which I don’t miss at all. Along with laugh tracks, and possibly a few other things from the dawn of time which I’m not thinking of right now.

2 Likes