What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

Chief!

(OK, couldn’t resist!) And yes I am watching McCloud from season three, “The Million Dollar Round Up.”)

Lots of taco talk.

But what about Taco Tuesday? It is the rock upon which I stand!

Any dive bar, in any state, in any county, Taco Tuesday will be there.

If there’s a dive bar, with a Taco Tuesday, which does not call their tacos “Mom Tacos,” because of the ground beef, I’ll be there.

Wherever they’s a fight so hungry people can eat, I’ll be there.

Whenever they don’t serve a fish taco at a beachfront community, I’ll be there.

Whatever someone calls this, it is a rant and a gripe against not eating taco. And I’m there.

3 Likes

That sounds delicious. A place near us makes Philly cheesesteak egg rolls which are also delicious. It’s too expensive (and noisy) to eat at on the regular though.

4 Likes

Yes! It’s a convection oven, a technology that dates to the 1940s.

drives me nuts too

3 Likes

What gets me when people say it’s a “convection oven” is that all ovens are convection ovens. That’s how they work. The fan just makes it convect more quickly. That’s it.

2 Likes

What have I done?

6 Likes

Something very awesome from the looks of it! Hopefully you got some good noise canceling headphones too!

3 Likes

It’ll be awesome if she can sustain a rhythm for more than 30 seconds.

6 Likes

Yesss!
Season 19 Episode 13 GIF by The Simpsons

4 Likes

Huzzah! There are several drummers here on the forum if you have any basic questions we can help with.

2 Likes

She’s taking lessons, so I think she can get her questions answered there, but I appreciate it. I’m still classifying this act of self-inflicted pain a gripe.

Also, it cost like $500 and I already spent $300 on a clarinet for her middle school band class. (Ok, and me, I used to play clarinet.)

4 Likes

And all the best pizza-in-a-cup places have shut down.

Yes…what if

trying to figure out why Jeff Zuckerberg is yelling at Lisa Kudrow

I prefer THAC0 Thursday, when everyone gets +4 To Hit.

But is it…cyclonic?

Anyone remember those? Cyclonic ovens from the '80s infomercials? Then they did them again under a different name around the turn of the century. I guess each generation must rediscover convection for itself.

5 Likes

I want.

3 Likes

My gripe is that everything we’ve ever tried to cook in the air fryer is burned beyond recognition. Got a convection toaster over for Christmas that air fries. It, too, murders food. Why can’t I air fry? WHY?

4 Likes

Been a good dad :heart:

3 Likes

When I went to buy a new toaster last year, there were a bunch of them which claimed to have an air fryer added. But I never bothered to sort through them as I didn’t feel like spending $100+ for something which had a primary purpose of making toast.

5 Likes

That’s all my toaster does. Two slots. Two pieces of toast.

5 Likes

As for the young guy who got out his hunting dogs and rifle and found me the last of this particular make/model in their storage room, I hope he’s still alive and well now and living his best life. [salutes]

2 Likes

i want to go to there 30 rock GIF

4 Likes

I found a reasonable way to frivolously spend more on an auxiliary watch…the county, state, insurers, and ignition interlock device company are going to get it anyway, but as a dedicated bargain hunter, I like this.

And, yet, I will not purchase. Still going out for breakfast and Tullamore+beer and shoot some pool though. And plug the jukebox with some choice tunes. And tip big. Public transportation. Walking the green mile.

Cf. Georges Perec, Les choses.

1 Like

I had a terrible night. Husband and I went to my SIL’s place for her birthday party. BIL’s brother and his wife brought their baby. Given that I miscarried a month ago, seeing babies up close reminds me of my infertility. My husband, who later went to the baseball game with the niece and came back afterwards (SIL and BIL live within walking distance of Nats Park), told me the baby also made him feel uncomfortable. On top of this, my SIL locked herself in her bedroom because no one initially brought cake. A few of her friends rectified that, but she still wouldn’t come out.

The only positives: 1) I got to pet dogs, 2) I got to eat cake, and 3) someone gave me part of an edible. Unfortunately, I feel more tired than anything else, so it’s not like I got anything fun out of it.

5 Likes