What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

Think of all the money it puts back into the economy, though!

2 Likes

I found Bert I. Gordon’s employment program a lot more entertaining. :confused:

6 Likes

On the one hand, I hate how many political ads seem to interrupt my favorite YouTube videos (No, I’m not going to pay YouTube for ad-free just to watch the video versions of the podcasts I already support on Patreon)… It intrudes on my personal time, it harshes my calm…

On the other hand, some of these ads are for politicians that … would not agree politically with the people in the shows I’m watching, at all, and vice/versa… So, I find it mildly amusing to mute the TV, and let the ad play all the way through, knowing that the schmuck (or their corporate sponsors, er sorry “totally legal political donors”) is going to have to pay them for the ad view. I find it even more amusing when it’s a politician that I personally dislike.

It’s really fun to make up fake voice-over/dialogue when it’s muted, “Hi, I’m Ron Jon A-hole, you may remember me from that time where I voted for killing puppies, or the other time the local news found me in a pile of cocaine, or that one time…”

Play those ads three times per video, I’m happy to help drain their wallets.

6 Likes

I wish I was made of such stern stuff. No, my method is one-hand-over-my-eyes and then click-thru fast as I can with the other hand, whenever that’s an option.

I get guilt-mongered by other fans if it’s a channel supporting a pet rescue or whatever. But I’m fine donating directly to those orgs myself, and I do. So I just ignore that particular argument.

4 Likes

Ad Blocker works quite well on YouTube. For now.

5 Likes

It works fine at home, but for some reason it doesn’t work when I’m on my break at work.

1 Like

It works on my computer, but not on my phone, and not when streaming to my TV via Chromecast (I assume Google will never let us adblock YouTube streaming to Chromecast.)

1 Like

For some reason, on my iMac at work I get ads at the beginnings of YouTube videos. But never inside them.

I don’t know why, because on my PC at home I get no ads at all.

3 Likes

Wow! Been going back and forth with an ebay seller that sent me the wrong size coupler I was going to use for a portable air conditioner 6 inch exhaust to a 4 inch dryer vent I have in the wall of my tiny house next door…
I need a 6" to 4" coupler like this:

The goof sends me a 5" to 6" coupler instead and I took pics showing the measurements with a tape measure and he still insisted he sent the correct coupler and wanted me to cover the shipping return costs! I said Why should I pay for return costs when you sent the wrong size coupler?? He never answered and said he was trying to figure out the return label process and that this was costing him money and I don’t know what I’m talking about and on and on and on :roll_eyes:
Just STFU and send me a return label @$$hat!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I’ve bought a 5" to 4" coupler for my wife’s older portable air conditioner in the past and was sent the correct size as it worked out perfectly but this is a newer and more powerful AC unit has a 6" exhaust and there was no way to make that one work with this newer one…

6 Likes

That blows!!!

eBay is a funny place. I dropped $600 on a vintage NEO-GEO game from a seller in Japan and the only communication was a FedEx notification. Normally Japanese game sellers are quite chatty. My guess is that they will request feedback in the package itself (in the past I’ve been gifted origami with letters asking for positive feedback)

Shrug

As long as it works and is in the same condition as the photos…

2 Likes

Oh, I got a gripe.

Just got off the phone with the Driver Sanction Unit of my state’s motor vehicle department.

Apparently GEICO did not deliver the SR-22 which I paid for almost two weeks ago.

Looking forward to having a little chat with my beloved insurer. WTH?

1 Like

I was feeling tired and lazy today so I decided to order a pizza when I got home, and it’s on the way now (according to the tracker) but it’s been very slow. Maybe I shouldn’t have given into my laziness on a Friday night.

I’m hungry and I want my pizza!

But when it comes and I’ve eaten, I can post in the non-complaint thread about my delicious pizza. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I go into CVS. Ask the guy at the counter if I can charge a Covid test kit to my insurance. He says I have to go back to the pharmacy and have them reimburse me. I buy the kit, go back to the pharmacy. Pharmacist says once I’ve paid for it, there’s nothing they can do.

CVS deliberately puts Covid test kits at the front of the store, rather than at the pharmacy, so they can trick people into paying $24 for something they’re entitled to for free.

5 Likes

That’s awful!

3 Likes

Yep. Also the reason nobody is going to be getting tested from now on. So it’s a good thing the pandemic is over like the president says, isn’t it?

2 Likes

I got some free test kits from the state of Wisconsin so that I have them on hand. But, yeah, let’s make it as hard as possible to know if you have the disease or not. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

So if you need to get any Covid tests at the drugstore:

1. Ask for the box up front, where they keep them behind the registers.
  2. Walk it all the way across the store to the pharmacy.
  3. Ask the pharmacist to run it through your insurance.

If they wanted you to do that, of course, they would put the test kits in the pharmacy area where they belong.

6 Likes

That’s really scummy and doesn’t make sense because they get the money either way…

4 Likes

Really getting weary of the fact that this damn disease is apparently going to be the central issue of human existence from now on.

4 Likes

You mean capitalism, right?

4 Likes