What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

You mean capitalism, right?

4 Likes

Ooh, I’m going to have to try this. Because that candidate runs far too many ads here. The “I’m Ron Jon A-hole and I approve this message” will be so much more amusing. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

I am displeased with this MusiBaby bluetooth speaker I got as swag from The Company a long time ago.

Actually, it sounds fine, except the 3.5mm connector seems like an afterthought, instead of the primary means of connection, which it should be. Nobody likes bluetooth…it sucks.

I’m also displeased I didn’t see the post above about drum sanders…which could be used to ream out the broken power receptacle on this notebook computer. An exact duplicate of the old model (Lenovo IdeaPad 3 in dark blue color) is supposedly on its way, so it hardly matters, but I’d still like to solve the problem with the original.

It hardly matters, since I’ll just pop in the old SSD in the spare NVME slot on the new one, and aside from changing a few BIOS settings, it will work just fine, but I really want to screw around with the old one’s power interface.

1 Like

Don’t get me started. I’ll be blacklisted from the entire internet for the next five years.

(On the plus side, I guess I could take more walks and turn the compost more frequently.)

3 Likes

I’m in a game tournament and every match has been 3-0. Guess who’s always been on the losing end?

5 Likes

And, as expected, my dad now has Covid too.

And, also as expected, he is resisting calling his doctor for paxlovid because it’s the weekend, and he doesn’t feel that sick, blah blah blah.

5 Likes

Man, Andrew. Just worse and worse. I am so sorry you’re going through this.

5 Likes

I hope your pizza turned up in a reasonable amount of time and was suitably delicious. If you run into the same issue again, perhaps you could try paying for it with this expired gift certificate:

ofwd2h0ns6r01

9 Likes

Do NOT eat the crazy bread.

9 Likes

I threw mine in the backyard. Even the raccoons turned up their noses.

6 Likes

Thanks… he’s doing OK right now but with Covid that can change fast, so I made him call his doctor and get paxlovid, which he now has. My mom has been on it for 3 days and says her symptoms are gone except for tiredness. I’m very glad they didn’t catch it before now.

7 Likes

My complaint is I bought a MST3K Jackbox shirt (“Oops my life”) and I love it but I wish it was one size larger. But I can’t make any g*dd*mn sense of the sizing charts at Zazzle at all.

The women’s basic shirt? 24" shirt for a 40-41" chest:

The “Basic dark t-shirt”? 24" shirt for a 46-48" chest:

The Bella whatever slim fit women’s shirt? A 20" shirt for a 46" chest? How does that work?

And to add insult to injury, what I’d like is the same one I have one size larger. But what I have MIGHT be the Bella shirt, which only goes to 2XL (a 2XL that is the same width as the basic women’s shirt Medium). And I say MIGHT because my order confirmation email says American Apparel, when I click through to my Orders page it says Bella, but the tag on the shirt says Gildan.

WTF Zazzle? I have literally given up. None of your size markings mean anything.

5 Likes

Ugh. Hope he gets it and better asap.

Edit- “it” meaning the paxlovid. Realized that may not have been clear.

4 Likes

I have a face for radio, but not the voice for it. no luck whatsoever :). but at least I finallygot to meet more of the cast of cats :).

4 Likes

I can’t tell if this is a complaint or a non-complaint.
:thinking:

3 Likes

both :). first half complaint, second half happy moment :).

1 Like

My gripe is at myself for watching Mizzou football today. Why did I think it would end well? They are the definition of cursed. If you don’t believe me, read this Wikipedia post about the infamous Fifth Down game.

3 Likes

It was suitably delicious. I don’t know if I’d want to try Torgo’s. I’ve heard that tHE MasTEr dOes NOt aPprOVE.

3 Likes

So I have a Roku (for now) and for various reasons involving children and puppies I go through a lot of remotes. The official Roku remote costs $30, not all that much cheaper than buying an actual Roku device, so I tend to go through Ebay to get knockoffs.

Sometimes the Ebay knockoffs aren’t good, particularly from certain suppliers who seem to think that every other button is actually the hot-key to CRACKLE. (Seriously, one of the reasons I will be getting rid of the Roku is its insistence on putting buttons on the remote and ads in the feed to get me to use whatever service is kicking them back cash.)

But since I know there are dodgy remote suppliers on Ebay, I tend to spread my purchases around. Bought three last week, two of them came Thursday and BOTH go to CRACKLE on every other push.

And to add insult to injury, they were supposed to be free shipping and arrived postage due. :rage:

I’m afraid to open the third one at this point. But at least it wasn’t postage due.

4 Likes

Have you tried using the Roku App? Controls any Roku on your network with all the buttons on screen that your selected Roku supports. I use it any time I can’t find the remote, plus times when I want to use Bluetooth headphones to listen.

Also, no Crackle button.

4 Likes