What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

I don’t use anything but the app to operate my Roku. It never Crackles.

4 Likes

Anybody under thirty in a bar.

What the British call “soccer.”

Being forced to listen to dance music.

Any city or town which requires private automobile use for many practical reasons. So, all US cities except for NY.

Children and dogs, when I’m forced to acknowledge their presence by their bleating owners.

Anything related to a Renaissance Fair or any kind of convention at all.

Cosplay except for at Halloween.

Nerds and jocks.

Loud people.

99% of anything on TV. TV news, whatever.

I’m sure I missed something.

3 Likes

Most offensive things, you say? Joe Don Baker and baby oil.

2 Likes

Is it too much to ask for musicians to do the album version when I see them live?

3 Likes

When I was a lot younger, many kids my age called me “Dora” because of my bob style haircut. And they even called me Hannah Montana, when I’m in fact…
NOT EVEN MILEY CYRUS!!!

6 Likes

Then how do you explain this wrecking ball?

3 Likes

There’s another Covid shot to be had? I’ve had my first 2, then my 2 boosters, but now I’m supposed to get a 5th? :unamused:

Frankly I’ve had my fill of DRs and hospitals and needles and pills.

I’ve bitten my lip on this because complaining isn’t going to change it… and while I don’t want to go into all the details… I need to vent.

I’ve been suffering ungodly pain this year, I can’t sleep because of it, and all the injections and meds and patches have done little to ease the agony. As for prayer? Well, it’s like this…

Entering week 4 of the current flair-up, and now something new has joined the pain parade. (The soonest I can get in to see my primary caregiver is Nov 3rd, and all these urgent care/ER visits don’t come cheap).

2022 has been the best of times (new season of MST, finally seeing McCartney in concert, finally getting to hear one of my tunes accompanied with strings) and it’s been the worst of times (getting old and falling apart really sucks).

6 Likes

As a fellow chronic pain sufferer, you have my sympathies. After years of trying various drugs and even a couple of surgeries that failed, I finally found a drug regimen that reduces the pain to a manageable level. I hope you will find something similar.

6 Likes

I’ve had 3 total COVID shots and might go ahead and get my 4th tomorrow after my 9am dentist appointment since I’m gonna be on a cruise ship for 4 days October 6-10 and Bermuda is at level 4 last I checked…

3 Likes

I have to wait until November to get my second booster, because I had Covid last month.

I’m pretty much resigned to getting one annually for the rest of my life.

4 Likes

So, I was taking home the left over Pine Sol, as our office is not using that anymore. Unbeknownst to me, one of the lids was cracked and just “sitting on top.” So, of course, it spilled all over my trunk! Yay for the trunk tray, or that s*** would have been EVERYWHERE and NEVER come out of the carpeting. I have cleaned it up the best I could, threw everything in a fresh garbage bag to take home to launder…and now I reek of Pine Sol! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I reached out to Amanda Gregory because I hadn’t seen them around here for a while and wanted to check in. They’re fine, busy finishing their PhD by the end of the year, and unlikely to return to the Forums.

Therein lies my gripe: that someone who came here to enjoy the fellowship and camaraderie of MST3K felt unwelcome after stating a reasonable opinion. This depresses me and, frankly, causes me a bit of stress that my daily happy place is not so happy after all.

7 Likes

^ I reacted with an ooo face because that seems to be the closest we can get to an unhappy reaction.

7 Likes

Ugh, this is the first I’ve heard of that, makes me sad too. I think the best we can do is keep leading by example to keep this place good. It can’t be perfect, which irks me, but hopefully good can be good enough.

4 Likes

My gripe? I’ve gone to post here a few times recently – a meme or thought or whatnot – and wondered, “Have I already posted this?” Apparently the old noggin is falling apart.

5 Likes

Yeah… Wish I could say that I haven’t been through this myself, but I have. :confused:

3 Likes

A followup to my last post: I bought another 4" x 6" coupler for almost Half the price I paid for this one on Amazon and it arrived yesterday and guess what? It’s a 4" x 6" coupler! Exactly what I ordered!
Then this guy finally sends me a return label this afternoon… 3 days later, as a photo, in a PDF format! :person_facepalming: I couldn’t even read the damn tracking number it was so small! All I could do was print it out and took it to the UPS store. Amazingly they were able to scan it so I said good! Ship that damn thing out of here! I’m really thinking about leaving this tool a Negative feedback on eBay! :angry:

1 Like

First, I’m peeved at Amazon and every other delivery company for sending me stuff late, when I paid for expedited, next day delivery.

Second, I’m peeved at this absurd cellphone case someone dared to manufacture and then send to me. It’s a piece of trash. Yet another thing I “get to” return to the Company. Ridiculous piece of plastic garbage.

Third, I’ve had three CV-19 vaccines (two Pfizer, one booster). I try to get on it with my pharmacy. Apparently they don’t want to give me whatever else. I love getting innoculated, I like getting shots right in the vein! No, I’m not “shopping around” for alternate locations!

Also, I need a full panoply of STD tests. How do I know? I just can tell, that’s all. They could probably make this stuff easier to acquire. I have health insurance, all that. But I live in a cowtown and don’t drive currently, so whatever.

Apparently public health is not a priority.

But maybe Multnomah County will put another ridiculous paranoid freak’s ballot together about banning fluoridation of the municipal water supply. Thanks a lot, hippies. Idiots.

/* added new gripe: No Sophie at work Friday nor today? No, it’s not like that, it’s just work’s more enjoyable when she’s around. She’s pleasant to be around and she knows what she’s doing on the job. We get along just fine. I hope she’s OK. She is an undergraduate, though, and I think many of the local UG colleges around here are starting up about now. */

1 Like

My gripe. I bought my plane tickets back to Idaho for Christmas and they were plenty expensive, but they got me back to Idaho at a reasonable hour (6:30 p.m.) so that my family doesn’t have to stay up so late to pick me up from the airport. Well, as is happening to a lot of people, my flight schedule has been changed so that I’m leaving almost 6 hours later and thus getting to Idaho at 11 p.m. instead. Sorry, family. I really didn’t choose this.

4 Likes

Delta by chance? The exact same thing happened to my mother when she made a trip to see her brothers over the summer. Was coming back at a reasonable time, would get back here around 7:30 PM. Two days later she gets a flight update, they changed the flight, no warning and she got back at midnight.

And people wonder why I’m not keen to fly at the moment.

4 Likes