What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

Might have run into shipping that is actually worse than FedEx smartpost: it’s DHL ecommerce.
Package took 5 days to go from North Carolina to a location up near NYC to be handed over to the USPS, now it has to travel back south to Philly.

2 Likes

It’s available on Amazon right now… but I’m wondering if it’ll actually be in the correct region code, to circle completely back to where this all started :wink:

1 Like

Invest in a region-free player and import yourself some Dark Place and other overseas goodies.

2 Likes

Darkplace is streaming on Amazon. Just FYI.

3 Likes

I just got back from the grocery store. Produce section was practically depleted, and what was left looked like debris from a giant salad explosion. :open_mouth:

One of the items I purchased was a tube of Neosporin. At the end of unpacking everything, I manage to get a deep paper cut. Oh, the irony!

6 Likes

Yeah, the grocery stores have been pillaged.

4 Likes

Our last grocery order had three cans that looked like they’d been stuck by a hammer. One was so bad the rim was bent. I’m assuming those cans were all that was left.

3 Likes

We’ve had a wave of sickness sweeping our office the last couple of weeks, and my work team had two people out and working at home on Mon/Tues. They are both back in today, medicated, hacking deep coughs, and one complaining of a migraine.

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

We have the ability to work from home if you’re worried about taking PTO. You’ve been working from home. It’s the last day before a long weekend, so it’s dead in here. Why are you here, barely functioning and exposing others to flu/Covid/RSV? Coming in sick does not make you tough or strong or a great worker. It makes you miserable and inconsiderate.

I hate this American Work Mindset™. It’s been trained into most of us, unfortunately.

10 Likes

I wish the post office thought like this…
They’ve been forcing people in with Covid symptoms and if they didn’t come in they would threaten disciplinary measures! Telling them ‘Just wear a mask’ and go deliver the mail or work the counter… Idiot managers :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Well that makes me glad my mailbox is across the lawn from my house.

2 Likes

Hopefully you don’t have any more! I had one when I was a freshman in college. Didn’t know what was happening, but it felt like I was getting shivved. A ride from my dorm to the ER in an ambulance wasn’t what I was expecting that Sunday morning… One star, do not recommend.

3 Likes

I had one last year. Started on Tuesday mid-day, I didn’t go to Urgent Care until Friday morning.

Side note, I first joined this forum while sitting at Walgreens waiting for them to fill the pain meds.

4 Likes

So, last week we only had mailed delivered three days of six (Tues, Thurs, Sat). According to Informed Delivery, there should have been mail for us on the other days.

This week, we are 0/3. Again, Informed Delivery had things for us each day. All items have now been marked as “I didn’t receive this” in Informed Delivery, for whatever good that might do.

Gee, what a great idea it was to make someone Postmaster General who wanted to destroy the USPS.

3 Likes

As an employee of the postal service, I’m amazed a 3-day delivery week was ever implemented! Never heard of that before and I don’t see how a 3-day a week delivery can even handle the Christmas rush… That would make things much much worse on the carriers I’m sure!
Yes the PMG is a complete idiot! The postal council should have voted him out but hasn’t (yet), probably because they can’t find a qualified replacement but none the less he’s not helping the USPS at all!

1 Like

I’m going full Andy Rooney.,…sheet.

Really? A pair of charcoal gray (or grey, doesn’t matter!) flat-front woolen trousers. Is that so difficult to find, Amazon?

Damned … people … sell me the pants!

1 Like

I didn’t wait that long, but I did wait the entire weekend, taking laxatives and gas-x because I thought it was just the worst gas pains I ever had.

2 Likes

I just wanted to have a nice Thanksgiving. But just like 2 years ago, my busy mom wouldn’t say anything positive to my dad, as me and my family’re struggling. I dunno if I’m gonna be happy enough to watch the Turkey Day Marathon.
Now I don’t know what I’m supposed to do at this time.

3 Likes

Coming back with a gripe.

The Turkey Day 2022 marathon chat is…horrific. I came in toward the start of Catalina Caper and there were some very gross people complaining about Felicia Day and Rebecca Hanson being onscreen.

Sexism is not a good look. You know who you are.

3 Likes

Not sure who’s watching the chat at the moment. I’ve passed this along. Thanks for the heads up.

3 Likes

That’s why I waited as long as I did. I was like “what are the doctors going to do just cause I got farts that won’t fart?”

3 Likes