What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

Hope kitty feels better asap!

2 Likes

Speaking of animals, my mother has an 18-month-old inbred (brother and mother, seriously) Chinese Crested who is miraculously a healthy and normal dog. But she won’t get her fixed. She wants to breed her because she thinks it will be fun. It just seems cruel to me.

4 Likes

That’s tough. Just because the dog is okay now doesn’t mean there aren’t genetic issues that won’t manifest later in life. Or that the dog might not have but is carrying and will pass on to the puppies :grimacing::grimacing:

4 Likes

Purebred is just another word for ‘inbred’. Gimme a happy mutt anyday.

8 Likes

Yep, both of mine are mutts, and rescues. I will only ever have dogs that fit both of those criteria.

5 Likes

I must be showing my age :laughing:

1 Like

I think my Amazon package is stuck in San Bernardino, CA… :expressionless:

4 Likes

I’m not sure what is happening with mine. Driving in circles all day apparently.

Update - The package was finally delivered a few minutes ago

5 Likes

Could be worse. Did they put it in a catapult first or something?

3 Likes

Now that’s a first :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Both for FedEx and for Fort Wayne.

2 Likes

A few years ago, I had a package that was apparently stuck in Salt Lake City for 2 weeks. I tried to contact the USPS to ask what was going on, but I just got the runaround from the guy on the phone who said, “Yeah, the tracking system really doesn’t track your package. It’s just where it’s supposed to be. We don’t really know where your package is.” That was really helpful. It did finally come, but it was really irritating. My local postmaster tried to help but he said that the people in SLC didn’t even talk to him anymore because he had contacted them so many times for lost packages.

5 Likes

The gorilla isn’t finished throwing it against the walls yet.

4 Likes

I thought it only did that for luggage.

2 Likes

I was listening to Benny Goodman and a version of “Let’s Do It” comes on sung by Peggy Lee and she starts it with, “[Racist word for Chinese people] do it, [racist word for Japanese people] do it…”

I had to turn it off.

That’s not even in the original song! They added racism for no reason!

There’s several recordings of Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald singing blatantly racist songs, but racist against black people. I can’t listen to those either. I wonder how they felt about recording them.

3 Likes
4 Likes

8 Likes

I just had a similar issue with an Amazon package. Except the tracking never even updated — for about a week it just said “we’ll let you know when it ships!” Then Amazon said, “We’re transferring your package to another carrier, sorry for any inconvenience!” And UPS’s tracking number only said “a label has been created” for another week. It wasn’t until I canceled the order altogether that Amazon finally told me the package had been fully delivered to the wrong address :expressionless:

I guess this is just what we should expect during holiday season? Idk

3 Likes

That’s been my experience. I’ve gotten notices saying “your package may be lost, you can apply for a refund” and then I trip over the package on the way out the door.

5 Likes

I try to be extra kind to the poor delivery guys this time of year. They are overworked, working stupid long hours (my UPS guy showed up at my at house after 9pm recently), and the drivers aren’t the ones to blame.

The only time I will pitch a fit is when something is delivered to my neighbor’s house as they steal the package. I’ve had a few things go missing, that I’m sure ended up there and they never said anything. There was one Amazon order last Christmas that went to their house, I caught the delivery on one of my cameras, so I knew it went to their house. Went over, and they gave me this song and dance about how they didn’t realise it wasn’t their stuff.

Riggghhhttt

The box was open, the contents of the box were out of their original packaging and it was cat treats and some hedgehog figurines. You didn’t realise it wasn’t your stuff? YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE A CAT!!

7 Likes