When will these forums no longer be "Beta"...?

Did someone mention betta fish? And the mating habits of the male betta splendens?

Just look at that muddy brown…

11 Likes

What I learned from that short is to get down on my knees and thank God for blessing us with the holy betta fish and sparing us from his wrath by making us bigger than it.

6 Likes

Not from what I could find. Honestly probably better odds finding stuff by looking at the clearance section at an out of the way Old Navy.

4 Likes

There, fixed it for ya:

betanik

10 Likes

Why else would you need the Do-It-Yourself Beatnik Kit?

6 Likes

OK: Fun fact! Actually it DOES make you a Beatnik. You are trying to emulate the Beats, who were a specific group of people that sparked the beat generation. Beatnik is to beat what Hipster is to hip. The mainstream appropriation of a counterculture. SO if you have to use a kit, you’re totally a Beatnik, but will never be a Beat.

5 Likes

I am bugged! Beyond recall…

5 Likes

All this talk of beatniks only make me think of one thing…

1 Like

Man, that’s wild. You think too much. You gotta meet the beat, not drain your brain culture vulture. Beat’s not in your head. Lay back and let it join your loins.

5 Likes

LESS BETA, MORE DATA!

6 Likes

Not quite. If you need to use a Beatnik kit, it means you are trying to emulate a Beatnik, not emulate a Beat, which is what a Beatnik would be doing. Now, who might want to emulate a Beatnik, you may ask? Perhaps a Beat who is trying to go incognito, and not have all theses Beatniks following them around and emulating them all the time. So, chances are, if you need a Do-It Yourself Beatnik kit, you may actually be a Beat yourself.

5 Likes

Or maybe you’d be a beatniknik.

5 Likes

I saw the best minds of my generation entertained by Mad Scientists stranded in hysterical satellites,

dragging themselves past robots at dawn looking for a cheesy movie,

puppetheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the moviesign of night,

7 Likes

Like, far out, man.

4 Likes

I just watched Ms. Marvel this weekend, and apparently Pakistanis call women and girls ‘bitta’ as a term of endearment and I keep hearing that in my head every time I see this thread’s name pop up.

Edit: Actually, my Googling tells me it’s ‘beta’ like the thread. It means ‘son’ but it’s a term of endearment for both genders. So now I’m really thinking of Ms. Marvel. Entertaining show, by the way, and I generally don’t like shows about teenagers.

5 Likes

These forums will no longer be beta when Deadly Beez McKeever says so!

4 Likes

The bad guy in Operation Double 007 was known by his code name Beta, so I assume that this has something to do with Neil Connery.

5 Likes

Once it learns how to be an Alpha forum.

2 Likes

I just peeked at the user count here. It is over 14,000! Granted, not all 14,000 are currently active, but it seems worth celebrating.

If I can come up with a meaningful poll, I’ll post one, but I’d like to ask: How are we doing as an online community?

4 Likes
How are we doing as an online community?
  • Quite well
  • The Hagia Sophia

0 voters

4 Likes