Where are you from?

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @Mr.robot !

1 Like

Born: Ozark Highlands of Missouri
Lives in: San Diego, California

6 Likes

Lot of my dad’s side of the family is or was in OC primarily. Visited my dad on weekends in Anaheim, Fullerton and a brief time at my uncle’s in Fountain Valley before settling in Garden Grove on Trask just east of Harbor. Lot has changed visually since then. Remember when Katella and State College went ABOVE the 5 freeway?

3 Likes

According to Ctrl+4, I’m the only native Oregonian that has responded to this topic, and only the second apparently willing to confess to having lived there. So, big shout out for the state where you can totally mail in your election ballot but can’t pump your own gas!

I’ve currently washed up in Northern Virginia, after intermediate stops in rural Washington, Germany, rural Arizona, NorCal, SoCal, England, Romania, Malaysia, Greece, and Venezuela.

6 Likes

Another shout-out for Yakima — I lived in Toppenish for a while, but worked in Union Gap. (For the non-Washingtonians among us, Union Gap and Yakima are joined at the hip, and Toppenish is just a bit down the highway.)

3 Likes

The thing I liked best about the Yakima area, were all the MST-related signs

Oh, okay, there was only this one, and it’s not even written verbatim

4 Likes

Sometimes I see people fly these on the back of their pickup trucks.

Okay, not verbatim either.

4 Likes

Fun fact! One of the nation’s largest companies that facilitates the matching and transportation of organs for transplant is in Virginia Beach, so your brain isn’t wrong!

5 Likes

Here in Maine, fall foliage is in full color. It’s gorgeous! Even so, it’s weird to see massive cruise ships in Portland. Don’t get me wrong, it’s an awesome city, but… cruise ships?! :laughing::man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Going to guess your harbor is deep enough and there’s enough shops and restaurants to support a cruise ship stop for the leaf peepers.

Never been to Maine myself, but I love going to the Catskills for peak leaf season. We used to go to the NYS Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck, NY mid-October, and the drive from Rochester through the Catskills there and back is gorgeous. Also, if you want a hotel for next year’s leaf season, time to book it now. Might be too late.

2 Likes

I’ve lived in Denver, CO for the last twenty-two years and am orginally from the Detroit area.

4 Likes

Hey, another Colorado MSTie! Good to see you.

4 Likes

Quick note for NYC metro area MSTies: Dec 6 @ 7:30 at Littlefield in Brooklyn, Mary Jo Pehl, Frank Conniff & Dave Hill are doing sets.

Merry Christmas!

3 Likes

I’m born, raised and living in suburb of Saint Louis, MO. More specifically, Ballwin, is my home area.

8 Likes

Born in New Jersey, raised in Marlton, NJ. Spent my college years in Orlando. Currently in Philadelphia, PA.

6 Likes

Before!

Snl David S Pumpkins GIF by Saturday Night Live

5 Likes

It takes genius to make a sketch that stupid be that funny.

4 Likes

West Chester, Ohio… Near Cincinnati.

4 Likes

I’m the Alien from L.A. - Sunny Southern California.

11 Likes