Where is this Line From?

Ever think of something, and you can’t remember where it’s from?

Just thought of a movie or tv line spoken by a bad guy. and I can’t remember where. ‘Cute. I hate cute’. Gonna bug me all day ;).

5 Likes

Not sure about a bad guy saying it, but there’s something very similar said by Susan Sarandon’s character in Bull Durham.

5 Likes

There’s the classic “I hate spunk,” too.

4 Likes

ahh, it finally hit me!

weird how things pop in your brain. anyone got any others? :slight_smile:

images

3 Likes

Yes! There’s a drop I hear on the Radio from time to time and it’s some guy with a gravely voice saying: "it’s Friday! Friiidaaay! FRIIIIDDAAAAAAYYYY! " And everytime he says it he goes farther off the rails.

I KNOW I’ve heard this in a movie or TV show before but for the life of me I can’t figure out where!

2 Likes

Who can forget Rebecca Black?

5 Likes

I thought it was the chief on Dragnet losing his temper.

4 Likes

friday-dance-icegif-1

Indeed!

2 Likes

Could be! But if it is I can’t find a snip anywhere. For some reason The Movie Stripes pops into my head when I think of it, but that’s not right either.

2 Likes

First thing I thought of was those commercials for drag races or local stock car races. But those were almost always on "Sunday! Sunndaaay! SUNNNNDAAAAAYYYY!”

4 Likes

I think this one is from a crime drama from the late Eighties or early Nineties. The line (which refers to the lead character) goes to the effect that he’s not racist because he hates everybody. Ring any bells?

2 Likes

All I can think of is Archie Bunker but there are a few others who fit the bill according to the tv tropes page. Maybe one of these?

2 Likes

There’s a line like that in Dirty Harry, where they say he hates everyone, and then they go down a list of races, with terms I can’t post on the forum.

2 Likes

For clarification, I had seen it while watching old episodes of Siskel and Ebert on Youtube some time ago (so not Archie Bunker). IIRC the movie is set in New York, so obviously not Dirty Harry.

2 Likes

Maybe a Charles Bronson film then?

1 Like

Finally found it. It’s from the 1990 film Q&A, starring RiffTrax favorite Nick Nolte. The full quote goes like this: “Brennan ain’t no racist, he hates everybody, he’s an equal opportunity hater.”

2 Likes