WHERE IS WHITE DOT?

Whatever happened to the original livestreams featuring White Dot? Are they permanently going to be gone, even for us backers? Beyond the White Dot stuff, Joel’s intermission from the first one deserves to be preserved somewhere.

9 Likes

My hope is that everything is preserved, even of we can’t rewatch it. They need something to cobble together a 50th anniversary clip show from eventually, right? :wink:

8 Likes

If premieres are important, ephemeral elements can increase attendance.

2 Likes

Yes WILL BUY!

3 Likes

Wasn’t the original sighting of White Dot during some technical difficulties early that first night? If so there might not be any saved footage (recording) of that moment.

4 Likes

Yes. it was a 20-30 minute delay before the backer preview of Santo started with just the white dot on the screen and occasional remarks in text form from Ivan that they were working on the problem.

5 Likes

White Dot still appears at the very end of every aftershow after the credits, doesn’t she?

6 Likes

White Dot was still in the replay the next day. It disappeared a day after that.

6 Likes

Thank goodness for Ivan, because that really made for an entertaining evening… as unintentional and painful as the delay surely was for those trying to fix it. The chat was :fire::fire::fire: that night!

9 Likes

Didn’t they pull the same crash again before cutting to a “Just kidding. April Fools Day everyone”?

8 Likes

Yes.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure White Dot was taking a late vacation. Been busy obviously with the launch, but with covid running around, White is squeezing in a little vaca time at the end.

I am sure we will encounter White Dot again. Same Dot time, same Dot channel.

7 Likes

It was the last image on the episode The Million Eyes of Sumuru
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Chat was a blur that night, let me tell you.

6 Likes

Will White Dot rise from what’s left of the pumpkin patch on Turkey Day?

8 Likes

This depends on the sincerity of the pumpkin patch. All pumpkin patch operations are entirely sincerity based.

4 Likes

WHERE’S WHITE DOT”, you may ask?
Uh… about that.

I ate it.

2 Likes

That was a Mentos. White Dot is made from the hardest substance known to man.

3 Likes

Then we’re likely in for a hard time. Sincerity has been lacking in the Twenty-First Century.

2 Likes