WHERE IS WHITE DOT?

“WHERE IS WHITE DOT?”

mst3k700goofyclownface

At goofy clown face.

7 Likes

The original Explorers was still cutting edge for its time.

1 Like

White Dot will appear again, when it’s needed the most, and there will be much rejoicing.

monty python and there was much rejoicing GIF

7 Likes

True, so let’s start rain dancing for technical difficulties during live streams to summon White Dot again.

2 Likes

4 Likes

@ivan will hurt you. LOL!

I cannot imagine the stress in the room that night. We took it well and turned it into a fun joke, but still, they were launching a new platform and right out the gate, it choked. I’m sure there was some not-family-friendly language uttered while they tried to sort it out.

2 Likes

At least they had the right group of fans to take such a failure in stride. Indeed, those of us who were there knew we were a part of a unique moment in time… that went on Forever!

4 Likes

Perhaps White Dot was in our hearts all along?

3 Likes

White Dot is thanked at the end of every post show livestream. And makes a brief subliminal appearance right after the credits as well.

4 Likes

The real white dot was the white dots we made along the way.

4 Likes

What I remember most about that night was Joel popping on with a “hey, whoopsie, stick with us gang” message, and then the feed went back to the stand-by message… but the microphone was still on. I was sooooo terrified that “the real Joel Hodgson” would reveal himself to be an ill-tempered angry monster of a person, tearing into his subordinates. I was like “shut off his audio shut off his audio please please please shut it off shut it off.” But what I heard him saying in the background was super chill and calm, stuff like “yeah man, it’s not ideal, but we’ll manage.”

I want to be Joel when I grow up.

10 Likes

I’ve never met him, but from everything I’ve seen he’s pretty chill. The people I know would’ve been hostile, yelling or just overall unpleasant. It’s an admirable quality. We should distill some Essence of Joel to inject into other leaders. Maybe people would work together better.

5 Likes

My mum left a white disc on something. I’m very weird when tired or sick. While walking by I noticed it out of the corner of my eye. Being too exhausted to think I almost said, “Hi White Dot!” Then I spent a moment wondering how White Dot got here before falling back asleep.

White Dot the friend of Misties everywhere. :white_heart:

2 Likes

He’s like the Mr. Rogers of MST3K.

5 Likes

Be the Joel you want to see in the world.

1 Like