Where & When would you go on a Time Bag Vacation?

What period of time – past or future – would you wish to visit?

Would you want to observe a specific historical event unfold?

Would you want to meet a specific famous or historic individual?

Would the purpose of your trip be recreational, educational, business, or other?

Would you want to observe firsthand the everyday life of people from a specific culture or era?

Would you want to observe only (as Pearl and Kinga did on their plague trip) or would you interact with people from different eras (as future Joel does with the current era Mads and bots)?

Discuss.

2 Likes

Send me back to my childhood! (I’ll be careful not to interfere with myself!) I wanna go back to the '80s and hit the arcades and watch the movies and buy some Transformers.

3 Likes

Just don’t add your initials to the Tempest machine at the El Rey.

1 Like

Let’s go back to your childhood- childhood- childhood- childhood…

1 Like

Anyplace but my childhood, please gods.

I’d rather visit the future than the past, so I don’t know who I’d meet or have any plans. I just want to see if we finally get it right.

3 Likes

I would like to go back to a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. I just want to see if George Lucas got things right in his documentary.

3 Likes

Live-Aid. Specifically Queen’s set. Or Queen’s legendary Wembley concert.

There are a thousand other places I want to go, major events to see, historical figures as real instead of ghosts…

…but man, I know I would get so much joy out of singing “Radio Ga Ga” along with Freddie. :heart:

2 Likes

I’d be traveling all over the time and place, like Mr. Peabody and Sherman.

Where do you want to go today? Anywhere and anywhen

1 Like

Just to get the history factor, I’d go to WrestleMania III.

2 Likes

From a palaeoanthropological POV, I want to see the world 1.5 million years ago. I want to see how H erectus took on the world. Then let’s take a look at Europe ~50,000 years ago. What did that Neandertal/H sapiens relationship really look like?

Show me England at the fabled time of Arthur. Who was he based on? The same with Robin Hood.

I’d want to see Krakatoa erupt (from a safe distance, thank you very much) The signing of the Declaration of Independence. The signing of the Magna Carta. Julius Caesar. Plato.

Oh. You wanted fun stuff.

Umm. The Beatles rooftop concert. A supper club in the 1940’s with big band music.

1 Like

If I can have a Babelfish… Athens between the wars with Persia and Sparta. What was the music like? The Panathenaic festival to see them dress the giant statue of Athena and, of course, the feast at the end. Seeing 3 Aeaschylus tragedies and a satyr play? OK

If I can’t have a Babelfish… NYC in the fifties. Just need a budget for clothes, subway tokens, baseball and jazz clubs. Anything earlier in big cities had too much horse poop.

2 Likes

Born in 80 and samesies. Watch all the great 80s b movies on late night Skinemax, Showtime and Joe Bob Briggs back in his Movie Channel days. Watch MTV and top 20 countdown every week back when they played music and awesome music as well.

1 Like

The asteroid impact that killed off the dinosaurs 65 million years ago.
Yeah I wanna know what really happened :open_mouth:

3 Likes