Where's ROCKETSHIP X-M from Season 2 Episode 1?

Loving the Freebie Old Episode Perk! Any insight out there on why/what there isn’t the S2E1 Rocketship X-M with Lloyd Bridges?

You Can Do It GIF by Kloeckner Metals

1 Like

It’s one of the few episodes that Team MST3K is unavailable to acquire the DVD/streaming rights to.

4 Likes

But at least it’s available on YouTube!.. for now.

3 Likes

Wade Williams, who owns the episode, has said he has put it in his will that his heirs can’t ever release it. He’s licensed a lot of films to MST3K, but he feels Rocketship XM is too important to riff.

Shout even offered to do a special edition with the MST3K episode as just a bonus feature, and he said no.

4 Likes

Ahh, thanks optiMSTie!

1 Like

More specifically, Wade Williams, the rights owner, is very partial to the film, having acquired the rights AND spruced up the special effects.

This appears to be one of the unreleased MST3K episode cases that won’t be resolved.

(EDIT: what @Majorjoe23 just said.)

3 Likes

Thanks Super Cutie! (and shhhh, Lippert Pictures may be watching;-)

2 Likes

Do I look like dinner to you?!

Very welcome!

Maybe that’s his roundabout way of saying that even he can’t abide what an absolute oinker Lloyd Bridges is in that one.

Or, Wade WIliiams, I guess!

Fixed, thanks

2 Likes

Thankfully, that one doesn’t get pulled off of YouTube to the degree that you see the videos of The Final Sacrifice and the Godzilla episodes getting removed from YouTube.

Really, that episode is not only pretty damn funny in its own right, but it’s also important in the show’s history, given the new set designs, TV’s Frank taking over for Dr. Erhardt, and Kevin Murphy stepping up to the role of Tom Servo.

8 Likes

As of last month, while searching on YouTube, not anymore!

1 Like

thestingnoseflick

3 Likes

That horse has left the barn.

2 Likes

A Host Segments only cut of 201 would be great if possible. It’s such a huge milestone episode.

2 Likes

Yeah it is! I mean, it was the episode where we were introduced to Kevin Murphy’s Tom Servo (Servo himself upgraded from having tube arms to his famous spring arms), and TV’s Frank!

1 Like

I was just bringing up the possibility of something like this in another thread.

3 Likes

I absolutely had this recorded on VHS in the 90s and I’ve bought all the classics I can, so I don’t feel too bad that I had to acquire this one through…circulation of the tapes.

3 Likes