Which genre would you like to see return?

Over the course of the show’s history they’ve riffed a wide variety of cinematic genre.

Are there any you’d like to see return in future seasons?

I recently rewatched THE GUNSLINGER and THE GIRL IN THE GOLD BOOTS. It’s been a while since the show has done a Western or a Delinquent flick. I’d like to see them tackled again if suitably riffable entries are found.

8 Likes

I’d like to see more of the Mads torching their 2nd Bananas! I love that genre come back.

3 Likes

I’m partial to the 50s creature features. Those are a lot of fun, and so earnest!

13 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a few more B&W movies along the way. There is something rather familiar about them.

(One of the reasons why I already have some pre-hype for The Mask)

11 Likes

I’d love to see some dopey teenage caper movies make a return, like Catalina Caper or Village of the Giants.

8 Likes

Questionably dubbed tv show episodes compiled into movie form.

7 Likes

Monochrome Universal monster films are always welcome, but like you I really enjoy the JD films. And I agree that another Western would hit the spot. Also, another of the Russo-Finnish fairytale films, please.

A bad film in the Sherlock Holmes/Agatha Christie mold would be really cool as well.

PS - More things with beatniks.

12 Likes

The old monster movies always seemed to be where they did their best work. Especially when the monsters were of questionable…monstrosity.

9 Likes

I’d love a good (very silly) mystery.

6 Likes
1 Like

While it’s not technically a Western, I find I think of THE PAINTED HILLS being Western adjacent. So I think of Joel as having had two Westerns to Mike’s one problem at the (C)ranch. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Painted Hills is underrated, and not just because it has one of THE. Best. Shorts. Ever in it. :+1:

4 Likes

Questionable tv movies. (Ideally Lifetime if they want to bring Pearl back to the theater section for an episode)

5 Likes

I’d like more bandy-legged security guard genre movies. Oh… with giant eye brows

5 Likes

I’d love to see more old sci-fi and horror films. I don’t care if some people are weirdly averse to black and white films. We have ways of dealing with them.

Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

7 Likes

I want to see more superheroes. Pumaman will always be a favorite of mine, and Rifftrax’s treament of Supersonic Man is amazing.

5 Likes

One of those 50’s teensploitation movies a la Untamed Youth or Girls Town!

8 Likes

Pumaman/Doctor Mordrid team-up when?

Yeah, I agree with the Teensploitation segment.

And of course, Jonah and Emily both need their own Joe Don Baker movies to do to solidify them as official MST3K hosts like Joel and Mike.

8 Likes

Happily that is a rich seam to mine.

For Jonah, Speedtrap

For Emily, The Outfit

Optional choice for either, Checkered Flag or Crash or Mongo’s Back in Town

And for no one, ever, Golden Needles

4 Likes

I want to see more “obvious blatant B movie rip offs of blockbusters” which spans a wide selection of genres. I love Mac and me for example.

4 Likes