Which Hercules Movie Is the Best MST Episode?

Ah, gracias! I did vote for Unchained though and now that I know which one it is I’m glad I did :wink:

3 Likes

As cheesy as the movies are, I don’t think there will ever be a better Hercules than Steve Reeves.

3 Likes

I don’t care for all of the off-key caterwauling at the end of the Loves of Hercules, but otoh Jayne Mansfield.

1 Like

Yes, I love the episode on the whole, but I find the caterwauling at the end very annoying and not funny in the least.

I thought it was hilarious. Every Sword 'N Sandal epic ends with that sound, yet this was the first time anyone watching thought to mock it.

2 Likes

Mmmmm, I have to say Hercules Unchained, but I’m a bit biased. It wasn’t the first MST I’d ever seen, but it was the first time I realized that I needed to start taping these, so it got a lot of replay in my household.

Compared to Moon Men, the other Hercules that I had taped, it just feels like a more competent movie overall, and that does make it more fun to rewatch.

2 Likes

I think the three Hercules episodes in Season 4 are an absolute must watch. They’re perfect.
Hercules Unchained was great, hilarious host segments and clever riffs and all
and the Moon Men movie’s pretty so-so to watch, except when we get to the PAINFUL sandstorm scene and the guys’ sinking into a depression from enduring it, the host segments are still very funny, the mads were sure on top form in this episode with the “Deep Hurting” from the movie.
And in the Captive Women, we see Gypsy taking an interest in watching the movie with the guys, but she left after the first five minutes, This may be an unpopular opinion regarding the revival series that I don’t watch, but I find Gypsy’s experience in the theater in this episode pretty relatable, because, whenever I play Super Mario Sunshine, I can’t come up with good jokes regarding the game’s corny voice-acting, like how Gypsy came up 1 or 2 riffs in this episode.

3 Likes

By the gods! I love a Hercules movie. All of them.

But I am going with Unchained. Something about the way that o’l Herc just lazes around threw out the entire film. “I’m too sleepy to get up and fight.” “I don’t remember who I am so I will just lay about all day.”

And yet we still get an admittedly epic battle. Hell, the two main antagonists kill each other.

Thanks a lot, Herc.

1 Like

Although I’ve said that I lean towards The Loves of Hercules, I =WILL= say that one of my all-time favorite MSTed sequences is where Hercules fights Antaeus in Hercules Unchained.

You wanted that movie to really encompass more of that unfettered silliness, rambunctiousness, and energy. Love love love Joel’s riff of “Well, I saw Lucy do this to Mr. Mooney once…”

1 Like