Which is the best female character from a movie?

Me? I like Beverly Garland in Gunslinger. I want to say her name is… Marge Gunslinger. She’s still great, though.

13 Likes

Great topic! I actually like Jessica from The Thing that Couldn’t Die. A favorite of mine. Jessica has her own theme song, plus she’s pretty darned good at dowsing. Bonus points for carrying around a disembodied head!

9 Likes

Honorable mention to Elaine from Horror of Party Beach. She’s dubbed, but she moved in quickly after Hank’s girlfriend died. She doesn’t go to slumber parties in her 40’s, but she throws sodium with the best of them!

5 Likes

I always liked Silver from Girls Town. Takes the fall for her sister, but when she finds out about that, she saves her instead of letting her be sold into slavery in Mexico. She’s a real mensch.

15 Likes

I just watched that ep for the first time last night and that impressed me, too.

I also like Jessica from The Thing that Couldn’t Die.

I would join Queen Deianira’s court from The Loves of Hercules and rock some purple hair, too. She may be the love interest, but she’s pretty tough.

6 Likes

Also gonna’ put in a good word for Mala from The Leech Woman. A high-quality antihero and I hate that she disappears halfway through the movie.

10 Likes

I prefer the real hero of that movie, Eulabelle, and the way she “accidentally” helps the stupid heroes stumble on the right thing to do. They wouldn’t listen to her if she just told them the answer.

12 Likes

Possibly the most convincing performance in an MST3K film. Which is amazing for a child actor.

19 Likes

Throwing in my vote for Silver. She has a real character arc, which is unusual for a MSTed movie, and I think Mamie Van Doren does a good job with it.

8 Likes

Gonna cast a couple votes for Lupita from Santa Claus, and Stella Star from Starcrash.

7 Likes

Baba Yaga!

13 Likes

Lt. LaMont from Space Mutiny gets killed and still shows up for work the next day. That’s dedication.

18 Likes

How about Ayden from The Christmas Dragon?

I thought the actress (Bailee Michelle Johnson) did a very good job and the character did an outstanding job. She was traumatized and orphaned at a young age, then thrown into a life of deprivation and abuse at the orphanage. Had that happened to me, I would have just been curled up on the floor in a fetal position for the rest of the movie.

But she is sent on a quest – an arduous, dangerous quest – and she does not shirk. And even though a dingo ate her baby (oops, sorry – wrong movie), I mean a dragon killed her parents, when she finds that wounded dragon in the forest she lets her compassion override her fear and/or natural desire for revenge.

Quite honestly, she’s not just one of the best female characters, but possibly one of the best characters period that MST3K has given us.

12 Likes

Ellen Ripley

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure we’re talking about MST3K movies…

6 Likes

In that case Jan in the Pan

Brainwouldntdie

10 Likes

Well I like it when Bugs Bunny dresses up as a lady bunny…

Oh you mean an MST3K movie? I agree with the Baba Yaga comment above.

9 Likes

No mention of Estelle yet?

16 Likes

I bet she smells like Juicy Fruit.

8 Likes

With the right magical foundation garment, you can do anything!! :cat2:

6 Likes