Which Monster Would You Choose?

So, I’m getting one of the “Every Monster” woodcuts, and while I know which one I want, I’m super curious to know what other monster/cryptid fans think is the best monster. So, which one would you choose and why?

Here’s a quick list to remind you which monsters show up.

1. El Cadejo

2. Loch Ness Monster

3. Burbak

4. Yeti

5. Drop Bears

6. Chupacabra

7. Déélgééd

8. Kongamoto

9. Kropermann

10. Mummy

11. Leprechauns

12. Jiu Feng

13. Peng

14. Gnus

15. Killer Shrews

16. Loup-Garou

17. Baba Yaga

18. Jorōgumo

19. Impundulu

20. Sasquatch

21. Tatzelwurm

22. Kraken

6 Likes

mst3k1101jonahbubak

The scary scarecrow named Bubak, because just look at the pride on Jonah’s face. LOOK AT IT

6 Likes

Nessie (that’s a nickname for the Loch Ness Monster).

5 Likes

Here’s an interesting article about European monsters…

As to the song… Kropermann earns points because it can show up in your toilet.

1101EveryCountryHasAMonster (2)

But I’m going with Tatzelwurm, because I like cats, and it’s a serpent with a cats face.

I can just hear Crow saying… “Kitty!” when it appears.

7 Likes

BTW Raudy, when it arrives, please let us know which one you got (with pictures if you can and don’t mind)

2 Likes

If you want to be happy in life, find someone who looks at you like Jonah looks at a Sasquatch…

7 Likes

Plus Jonah sang into him like a microphone, so he must be special.

4 Likes

Baba Yaga. I’ve always liked her chicken house.
And I laughed so hard at her scenes in Jack Frost!

4 Likes

Drop bears. They’re literally just koalas with fangs.

Though one of my personal favorite cryptids isn’t on this list, and that would the Kelly-Hopkinsville goblins.

Look at them, they’re adorable.

I just wanted to let people know about them because I think they’re neat.

6 Likes

This, 1000%. How could you pass on him? Jiu Feng makes a really beautiful piece of art, though.

jiu feng 2

5 Likes

Gnus makes me laugh because of an old Smothers Brother bit from the '60s (and if you listen to it, the Puma stuff comes from an earlier routine)

Sure does, I believe that was one of the pieces Joel showed during the kickstarter campaign.

4 Likes

Easy peasy mes amis:

El Caganer… oh, he’s a monster!

4 Likes

Ha! Everything’s related to stand-up for me tonight… Jim Gaffigan did a bit on that (thank goodness they didn’t do a woodcut for that one)

3 Likes

I’d be happy to!

3 Likes

Big fan of monsters and I’ve worked on a few bestiaries, so it’s hard for me to pick. Classical me wants to go with the Kraken, a beast I’ve always loved. But I wouldn’t mind having the Déélgééd piece, even if it actually looks more like a Wendigo.

Oh, and the Tatzelwurm is a great choice. I wrote them up for the most recent bestiary I worked on, along with several other cryptids (Nessie, Mothman, etc).

2 Likes

One other interesting creature that could be included is The Flatwoods Monster.

5 Likes

I so wanted one of these… missed my chance. :sob:

2 Likes

You also have to sing the song.

4 Likes

Drop Bears. I mean … they’re killer koalas … who, statistically speaking, probably also have chlamydia. What’s scarier than that?

4 Likes

I’m thinking one of the monsters who appeared in a movie riffed on MST3K. So Killer Shrews, Baba Yaga or Sasquatch (did I miss one)?

2 Likes