Which movie missed the mark by the most?

If looking at movies I might watch the original cut… Likely Moon Zero Two.

It is a very serviceable Sci-Fi movie, damaged by its desire to be a western and putting Catherine Schell in wigs as if to say “Hey she was in Space: 1999, you guys liked that show right??? Look MAYA is in our movie.”

Its a product of its time so I can forgive the wigs and such, but had the dancing troupe and the rowdy wagon-trainers could have been cut, and replaced by better “Moon stuff” maybe it would have received a better treatment on its release.

5 Likes

I agree with Overdrawn, Kitten with a Whip, and Parts. I always thought the first two were almost movies, and after reading “Never Let Me Go,” (which makes me cry at the end every time) there is so much wasted potential in that story

3 Likes

Well, yeah, but Moon Zero Two predates “Space: 1999” by nearly a decade, I wanna say.

5 Likes

*Peels orange menacingly.*

1 Like

Crap you’re right. should have looked at that. Moon was '69 I swear I previously saw it saying '79.
Regardless the other stuff still applies, and in that case She really should have said something to the Andersons to avoid similar wigs.

2 Likes

I figured that’s why Gerry and Sylvia hired her! “She’d make a great alien! Look at that wig!”

2 Likes

For me, it would have to be Hamlet. I don’t think we can blame this one on the screenplay. The writer had a pretty solid track record and here he delivered a script that included a ghost, murder, revenge, insanity, suicide, palace intrigue and a young man’s emotional struggle to find a place in his heart for his new stepdad and the filmmakers managed to take all of that and make it so deadly, deadly dull. I have never been able to watch that episode all in one sitting. It was the experiment which beat me. You won that one, sirs.

2 Likes