Which MST3k movie would make the best video game?

You tell me? What genre is it? Triple A or Indie? Joystick or D-Pad?

7 Likes

A Killer Shrews Atari 2600 game where you walk around the room and see who can make the most drinks.

7 Likes

For a flying game, The Starfighters. Hook up with tankers and take on fuel before you crash in the ocean in your poopie suit.

Robot Wars might make a good maze and blaster game, but the game would need better graphics.

11 Likes

So like this.

6 Likes

Yes, but with far less action.

3 Likes

The Manos game was pretty good.

I think Space Mutiny would make a great NES game in the style of TMNT, with platforming sections in the brewery engine room, a driving section with the enforcers, and lovely 8-bit cutscenes of Slab Bulkhead screaming.

10 Likes

An Eegah game where you have to watch out for snakes.

10 Likes

Do you earn some kind of bonus when you poop your suit? Like a night with “the wife”?

5 Likes

Going a bit off the board with this… how about a Mario Kart-style game that incorporates MST3K car chases and drag races? Like Daddy-O, Teenage Strangler, and of course, the Mitchell chase scene pace car.

7 Likes

Dr. Mordrid. Part turn based RPG, part building management sim.

14 Likes

I could be wrong, but I feel like one of the really old Star Wars games (for the Atari or similar aged system) had refueling in it.

I didn’t own the game, but a friend did and I was really bad at it and had to keep refueling my ship. Or maybe I’m just completely hallucinating - that was 5th grade, so 37 years ago…

5 Likes

Robot Wars, complete with FMV cutscenes.

6 Likes

I recall the Top Gun NES game had refueling. The only real bits I remember are refueling and trying to land on an aircraft carrier.

4 Likes

Eat your heart out, Night Trap.

3 Likes

And a mini-game where you have to help Stumpy fix the Megarobot. Rooty Toot Toot.

6 Likes

And a Punch Out game where you get to hit Drake!

6 Likes

There are some ideas from a few years back over here:

6 Likes

I know the game I’m thinking of wasn’t Top Gun, cause it was in space.

4 Likes

If you don’t like adventure, “Tormented” would make a great game

4 Likes

I’d kill for a Lucasarts point-and-click Final Sacrifice adventure game.

8 Likes