Who Collects the Unriffed Movies?

Sometime it’s not the best idea to meet our heroes. They’re often better in our imaginations. Unless it’s Mary Jo Pehl. She’s just as awesome in real life - much less evil, though (than Pearl Forrester).

2 Likes

Late reply but… I got my copy off Amazon, actually, same as my VHS of ‘Fugitive Alien’.

3 Likes

So many of those oddities came out on VHS, and then never got released again in any other way.

2 Likes

I don’t know. My uncle when he was trying to make it as an actor in LA delivered flowers to his house and said he was the nicest, most down to earth fellow you could imagine.

His daughter seemed to like him, anyway! :slight_smile:

Anyway, to the topic, no I haven’t looked up any of the unriffed, uncut versions: it would be fun for some of them, but the riffs are just baked into my head.

But a select few of MST3K, for sure, I’d watch unriffed…just never get around to looking for them.

And so many of the, particularly RT, recent-ish movies I’d never watch unriffed: Star Wars prequels/sequels, Twilight, pretty much 90% of the movies from 1990s–>present.

6 Likes

I have about 2000 dvd’s of science fiction, fantasy, horror, noir, and cult films.
I have classics… and shlock! I can tell that the cast of MST3K are fans of movies. you’d have to be, to have so many obscure riffs. I have respect for anyone who tries to make something, even if it doesn’t work out the way they intended.

3 Likes

A good number of them I already had. Actually, a lot of them I saw on an old Black and White TV as a child - way back before the turn of the century.

5 Likes

Me too!!! I had a tiny little b&w tv, and I used to hold my tape recorder real close to it so I could record the audio when my favorite movies came on (VHS hadn’t been invented yet). I also remember having holler “Down in front!!!” at the dinosaurs at the drive-in, way back when…

3 Likes

I recorded the sound as well. Ah, those old tapes were so much fun.

3 Likes

I remember recording Roger Corman’s Pit and the Pendulum but the tape recorder batteries were dying, so when I replaced them the tape sounded like the Alvin and the Chipmunks version of the movie.

2 Likes

Bookmarked that movie site. I prefer ebooks though. Try fitting a full sized book, dictionary and encyclopedia set into a trouser pocket some time. No wait, don’t ruin a pair of trousers trying. The ebook fits much better.

1 Like

Somebody on the Rifftrax Facebook page mentioned it but now I too own The Master complete series on BluRay

Can I possibly handle so much ninja magic? So much Van Cleef?? So much Van Patten???

Only time will tell

5 Likes

I have a fair few. I usually add to the collection if I enjoy the film, am interested in seeing an HD print, or for giggles (usually in a public domain pack). And sometimes they just come with the MST version. Movies I own:

The Green Slime
Invaders from the Deep (Stingray)
Revenge of the Mysterons from Mars (Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons)
Cosmic Princess (Space: 1999)
The Mad Monster
The Corpse Vanishes
The Crawling Hand
Robot Monster (kinda, I have a blu-ray promised to me through Kickstarter)
Catalina Caper
The Hellcats
Godzilla vs. Megalon
Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster
Gamera
Gamera vs. Barugon
Gamera vs. Gaos
Gamera vs. Guiron
Earth vs. the Spider
Gamera vs. Zigra
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
Master Ninja I (The Master)
Master Ninja II (The Master)
The Giant Gila Monster
Teenagers from Outer Space
Attack of the Giant Leeches
The Killer Shrews
Hercules Unchained
Indestructable Man
Hercules Against the Moon Men
Hercules and the Captive Women
Tormented
Fire Maidens of Outer Space
“Manos” The Hands of Fate
Swamp Diamonds
Eegah
Mitchell
The Brain That Wouldn’t Die
The Wild Wild World of Batwoman
Beginning of the End
The Atomic Brain
The Creeping Terror
Bloodlust!
The Skydivers
High School Big Shot
The Beast of Yucca Flats
The Amazing Transparent Man
This Island Earth
The Brute Man
Revenge of the Creature
The Leech Woman
The Mole People
The Deadly Mantis
The Thing That Couldn’t Die
Space Mutiny
The Phantom Planet
The Pumaman
The Deadly Bees
The Space Children
Devil Fish
The Screaming Skull
It Lives By Night
Diabolik
Reptilicus
The Time Travelers
Doctor Mordrid
Demon Squad
Gamera vs. Jiger

6 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of them sans riffing, but I don’t collect, unless it’s a movie I like and will rewatch, or it’s something that fascinates me, and I want the supplemental material and commentaries for the behind-the-scenes stories.

My handful…

• Godzilla vs. Megalon
  • Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster)
  • Sampo (Day the Earth Froze)
  • Sadko (Magic Voyage of Sinbad)
  • Ilya Muromets (Sword and the Dragon) - all 3 are the RUSCICO/Mosfilm restorations
  • Danger Diabolik - the old OOP DVD, I should probably upgrade to the BD for the new commentary track
  • Carnival Magic
  • The Batwoman - an unofficial DVD-R… does it have an official release with all the bells and whistles… 'cause I’d buy that (for more than a dollar)
4 Likes

The only MST3K movie I have intentionally bought unriffed was Manos.

I do own a bunch of the others, though like others have said they came in those “50 sci-fi movies for $10” type sets.

7 Likes

Several movies are in my bargain sci fi collection box sets, but I’ve just started to collect them as their own individual movies now that I have space. So far, I just have the Eegah! special edition that has the MST episode included. I really want to get the Film Ventures International movies they did. There’s also a remastered Atomic Brain out that I have been excited about for ages but still have not seen.

2 Likes

All right, I can’t be the only geek who wants to buy the 180g vinyl repressing of the Manos soundtrack.

I just haven’t got around to it yet.

Admit it here if you have!

It’s so tempting.

3 Likes

Umm … How? As far as I know, NBC completely denies that show ever existed.

1 Like

Kino released The Master on blu-ray a few years back. Shockingly, the image quality is rather fantastic.

714A9aEoYLL.SX342

5 Likes

Hey, if you have shelving system would you care to post some pics? Mine isn’t nearly as big but could use some direction

4 Likes

I just went to where everything lives: Amazon

It’s coming tomorrow, I’ll let you all know how it is

2 Likes