Who Collects the Unriffed Movies?

You dawg!

1 Like

Tubi has finally added Yes, Madam under its Supercops title.

3 Likes

Back when my local record store had a larger used VHS section, I found someone had just gotten rid of their unriffed collection. Gamera, Godzilla Vs Megalon and Godzilla Vs The Sea Monster were in the collectible VHS section for $8 each, but the much larger 50 cents section had about 40 new additions including The Black Scorpion, It Conquered The World, Soultaker, Time of The Apes, Space Mutiny, The Screaming Skull, Ator: The Blade Master, Timewalker and others.
I’ll never know if whoever was only collecting the horror/sci-fi movies featured on the show and either upgraded to DVD or realized how many of the movies aren’t good without the riffing or really did want to collect every film but kept running into dead ends and high prices.

4 Likes

I’m waiting for the Coleman Francis Criterion Collection

3 Likes

Shout announced a blu-ray of Lords of the Deep as a website exclusive limited to 1500 units. If you collect these films on disc, you might want to jump on this, because this flick hasn’t been on home video since VHS.

Special features include the MST3K episode (which has already been released on blu-ray) and a trailer.
LoOfThDe_BR_PS_72dpi_900x

3 Likes

I only now saw this. THANK YOU!!! I’ll order this today!!!

https://shoutfactory.com/products/lords-of-the-deep

1 Like

Forgot to update sooner, but Tubi currently has both versions of Yes, Madam.

2 Likes

The opposite. I have a big library of bad movies but once they get riffed I usually get rid of the unriffed films (Dr Mordrid and Shape of Things to Come most recently).

1 Like

It takes all kinds. I’m the opposite.

I have a few, Village of the Giants and Robot Monster.

Got RM because of all the extras the 3D crowdfund release promised, but it isn’t as “polished” as I would have liked the extras to be.

2 Likes

I picked up that 3D restoration too :slight_smile: