Who do you want to see become Doctor Who?

What actor would you like to see inherit the TARDIS as a future incarnation of the Doctor?

5 Likes

Idris Elba.

7 Likes

Samuel West, who is currently cast as Siegfried Farnon in the new All Creatures Great and Small.

5 Likes

Naveen Andrews

3 Likes

Rupert Grint, just so he can finally be ginger!

6 Likes

Tedros Ghebreyesus

2 Likes

Booo, bad joke

3 Likes

I never know who the actors are anyway so …

The writing takes a higher precedence to me than the actor. (and for me RTD has his work cut out for him)

3 Likes

Michael Aldridge

Now, granted, he’s been dead for thirty years, but I still think he’s a good choice

2 Likes

Bill Corbett. Unleash true fan rage by casting an American in the role.

RiffTrax Live: DOCTOR WHO - THE FIVE DOCTORS! In select theaters August 17th! - YouTube

4 Likes

About nine years ago, prior to Peter Capaldi, Zawe Ashton won a poll for fan favorite to play The Doctor. She’s impressive. So are some of my long-time favorites, the stars of The Fades, who have already done so many great things since then. And Doctor Who could probably do worse than, say, Tom Hiddleston, who I thought did very well in the series The Night Manager.

But those may or may not be a good match for the possibly new direction, tone or style of the show, and whatever new personality traits and quirks the new regeneration bring.

Russell T Davies (the new and returning showrunner, if that needs to be clarified) produced both a serious and delightful Doctor Who show at the start of the new era, and I look forward to seeing what’s next. He still seems to have tons of energy and zeal for the show. He also has seen how grueling playing the Doctor can be, which should help him pick a great actor (gender-neutral term) who can also handle the demands of the job.

3 Likes

Baron Vaughn

3 Likes

Simon Pegg

5 Likes

As long as it’s not Hugh Grant like I heard was being threatened (although Hugh himself shot that rumor down). I think we’ve had enough middle-aged to old white men in the role over the years; we need to go in a different direction. Either that or get a ginger actor (the Phelps twins, or Rupert Grint as has already been suggested) so he’ll/she’ll finally be ginger. But I’d actually love to see a black, Asian, or Latinx Doctor for once. Seems like we’re due for that.

3 Likes

I never would have thought of him, but now that you say it…

2 Likes

Rowan Atkinson. He’s done it before.

5 Likes

El Santo

3 Likes

So I was trying to think of who could fit the Doctor’s character, play that mix of whimsical and witty but also deadly serious but also able to bring something fresh and interesting…and not a white dude… Oddly enough Sandra Oh was the first person who came to mind :laughing:

3 Likes

Dexter Fletcher

2 Likes

Billy Porter

2 Likes