Who do you want to see become Doctor Who?

When it was announced that the next (current) Doctor would be female, I really wanted it to be Karen Gillian or Catherine Tate…

Would have paid off both a female Doctor and…

Immediately after regenerating, she’d be able to exclaim, “GINGER!”

Maybe it can still happen?

2 Likes

Tracey Ullman, Rebel Wilson, Taika Waititi, Jemaine Clement, Billy Connolly, Richard Ayoade, Chris O’Dowd, Katherine Parkinson, Matt Berry, Bill Bailey, Dylan Moran, or Patrick Stewart. :star_struck:

3 Likes

Absolutely this:

But seriously, you do need somebody who can go from comedy to serious on a dime, and you can believe is really a 900+ year old alien, so until he simply gets too old for the role, I’m going to keep championing for Stephen Mangan. Who ticks absolutely all the boxes, and like Capaldi and Tennant, is a big Doctor Who fan, so he’d absolutely relish the role. He’s also already got Tom Baker’s hair.

In terms of female Doctors, my preferred choice has always been Michelle Dockery.
Again, she’s got that great mix of humor/seriousness/alienness. And basically, if you’re looking for a demo real, you need to look no further than this one extremely Doctor-y scene from Hogfather:

2 Likes

Billy Connolly would be bonkers!

2 Likes

A shame as it can never happen, but I think Meat Loaf in the 1990s- early 2000s would have had the eccentric charm to be one of the few Americans that could have pulled off the character.

3 Likes

If we’re talking Americans playing the part, Matt Smith and David Tennant have both endorsed John Lithgow, and frankly, I agree completely.
Feeling Myself Smile GIF by Laff

1 Like

American Doctor Who?

The correct answer is Matt Berry.

1 Like

That would be…um…well, it would something, that’s for sure.

Ignoring he’s not British or close to it, you know who I think could be good as either The Doctor OR The Master?

John DeLancie.

Was a thought I had from watching his work in Season 2 of “Star Trek: Picard”. Might have been better when he was younger, but I could still see him pulling it off.

…either that or…

TBH, I really wanted to see how Jo Martin’s doctor played out. She only got a few minutes of screen time in the Timeless Child, but I loved her Doctor look and I think it would’ve been fantastic to have a Black lady doctor. <3

2 Likes