Who else takes place of Joel (Or Jonah) and the bots’ riffing when they watch movies?

Yes, me. MST3K totally ruined watching movies normal. But my humor is up 1000%

3 Likes

I try not to do it on theater first-watch, but yeah. Movies, TV shows, videos, real life…

3 Likes

It’s 1994. Forrest Gump has come out. It’s near the end of the movie. Forrest is standing at Jenny’s grave. I lean over to my wife and whisper, “Jennay? Are you dead?” and she started giggling. I’m sure everyone around us was pissed off that we ruined the poignancy.

But whatever, that movie was stupid.

5 Likes

I am most definitely a riffer. From TV shows to even commercials. Heck, sometimes I’ll try to think of some with road signs, billboards and the like.

1 Like

I vote for you to audition to be the next host. Of course, you would have to go against me…

1 Like

Pretty sure that once you mine the same quote five or more times, you get demoted or billed. Possibly both. But I don’t care. The pain of temping never dies, even after death itself. (Probably.)

And I’m still aspiring to be the person who is admonished by their spouse to stop riffing breakfast, and everything else. It could still happen!

1 Like

I think I won’t get a spouse for riffing breakfast and my inability to watch movies without making snarky comments.