Who is your favorite villain from a movie featured on MST3K?

Mystery Science Theater 3000 has featured a wide spectrum of malevolent individuals in their featured films, ranging from megalomaniacal rulers to creatures of all sizes to two-bit criminals.

So, the question here is pretty straightforward: who is your favorite villain from a movie or a short that MST3K riffed on? It could be a major Big Bad, a secondary enemy, a robot or a monster (or a robot monster, even), a henchman, whatever.

When it comes to a favorite villain, I’m torn between Mooney from The Beatniks and Baba Yaga from Jack Frost for similar reasons: both are memorably over the top, hard to take seriously, and very entertaining in their respective films.

12 Likes

Jack Palance as Xenos in Outlaw of Gor:
Outlaw4

He’s dreamy!

15 Likes

Oh, so many to love. But two of my faves are The Great Vorelli and Phantom Of Krankor.

TheGreatVorelli

I love ham.

But I also love eggs. And cheese.

14 Likes

I’m gonna moon you, man!

He’s my favorite too.

4 Likes

Coily. (Don’t tell me he’s not a villain!)

a-case-of-spring-fever-1940-image-normal

22 Likes

Krankor from Prince of Space and the monster from Horror of Party Beach. And maybe the villain (David Warner) from Quest of the Delta Knights.

10 Likes

I don’t really like villains, well because their usually A-holes. But Basil Rathbone, now he had style.

Plus I love the way he says the word “Relish” - the word oozes with evil, but classy evil. I wish I had that voice, if I did I’d visit the food cart with the sole purpose of ordering a hotdog… 'with relish!"

17 Likes

I shudder to think of what The Beatniks would have been with a lesser actor in the role of Mooney.

Peter Breck went all out, and he makes that movie infinitely more enjoyable.

He did have one of my all-time favorite MST3K moments: “Six curses could not destroy you. But now you must face the seventh: ME!!!”

Granted, he never really went anywhere with that, but still, a fantastic villainous moment. Basil Rathbone was magic with line delivery like that.

8 Likes

7 Likes

She wants… A SAMPO!!!

dun dun dunnnnnnnnn

Another amazing Russo-Finnish baddie!

7 Likes

Jeeter in Wild Rebels. As Crow said, he’s quite eloquent for a piece of low-life scum.

10 Likes

And in the Non-Primary Villain category … from latitudes unknown … a personal grooming renegade … huggin’ trees since way back … somebody get that guy a breath mint … it’s …

wind-demon

7 Likes

I’ll always love Ro-Man and his simple yet random appearance. Gorilla with a fishbowl helmet and antenna? Sure! Go for it!

9 Likes

I like where you’re going with this. There’s Basil’s style – fabulous! – and then there’s this guy’s suave sophistication:

13 Likes

He does tend to weather-vane in high winds, though.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, he’s cool and menacing.

I’ve always liked Adolfo Celi, even though I’ve never heard his real voice in any films I’ve seen with him (even those that are subtitled). I mean, why - did sound like Michael Cera? (actually I’ve read he had a very thick Sicilian accent that made him difficult to understand, even though he was fluent in several languages, including English).

8 Likes

Having a snazzy theme tune didn’t hurt matters, either.

7 Likes

AND he was very philosophical, too.

Such great effects for the Wind Demon, even if he had Dorito Breath.

4 Likes

I’ve always found it fascinating how Donald Pleasance clearly considering both Warrior of the Lost World and Puma Man beneath him and totally phoning in his performance somehow actually enhances his typical acting style, making him seem all the more creepy and sociopathic.

7 Likes

Huh… I never considered that angle to Pleasance’s performances there, but I rather like that…

4 Likes