Who is your favorite villain from a movie featured on MST3K?

Krankor

5 Likes
5 Likes

How did I go so many years without catching that’s friggin’ Skeletor!?

3 Likes

Dude was a plowhorse. He worked non-stop during that time. I wonder if he ever even slept. (I probably saw him numerous times, but the main time I remember is when he was a college dean on Murder, She Wrote.)

2 Likes

That episode was literally just on and I never noticed it was him there, either. I fail as a Skeleton fan!

epic skelator GIF by ADWEEK

2 Likes

Don’t feel bad. Without Wiki, there’s no way I could get even a temporary handle on what all these folks had done. He’s still with us, by the way. Never too late to send in some fan mail. :wink:

2 Likes

Oh. Yeah, that’s probably better than showing up at his house in full Skeletor cosplay.

It’s not as bad as hearing animal noises in things and going “I wonder if that’s Frank Welker.” It almost always is.

2 Likes

Zor, the John Saxon-type guy.

4 Likes

David Warner hamming it up as the “heroic”(?) pee-throwing wizard and feather cape-wearing evil lord of Eviltonia (or wherever that movie was supposed to be set) in Delta Knights is pretty fun

5 Likes

Brian Thompson comes through big-time as Kabal in Doctor Mordrid. It’s a new episode, but he jumps right up the list to join the all-time best MST3K baddies.

He chews up SO MUCH SCENERY, and it’s an absolute hoot.

7 Likes

Okay after watching Demon Squad for the first time (ik ik, I’m so behind :sweat_smile:) I wanna tag in The Stranger. He’s the only character in the whole dang movie who has even a shred of acting ability and amid all the general crap of the rest of it I found myself genuinely enjoying his monologues :laughing:

I dunno if he could be considered a “favorite” villain…he might not even be that good up against the roster of other MST baddies. But next to the rest of the Demon Squad cast he’s pretty great :joy:

5 Likes

Does Beverly Garland in Swamp Diamonds count?

8 Likes

I think in the end, I just fall back on Phantom of Krankor.

He’s already pretty bad, considering they need the rocket fuel formula, and yet they keep wasting all that fuel they currently have just going ack and forth to Earth.

Let alone he never listens to Prince of Space’s weapon warnings, and seems obsessed with things “falling into stars.”

8 Likes

In the pantheon of MST bad guys?

Gotta give the vote to Krankor. No other bad guy who is the main antagonist of the movie brings as much to the table.

Now … give everyone the day off…

5 Likes

I know I mentioned it before, but Norbert Wisser (Dollar Store Rutger Hauer) from City Limits does a good job of selling his villainy. Unlike Robby Benson, who is as miscast as miscast ever could be.

Rewatching Gamera vs. Barugon on the stream yesterday reminded me of how much Kōji Fujiyama as Onodera (thank you, wiki) really gets into his role as the most intense and bloodthirsty of the gem thieves. If the intent was to make Barugon seem less monstrous than a human being, it worked.

So, Honorable Mentions for both those guys.

2 Likes

Onodera?

I always felt like the dubbed voice made his name sound like, “A Murderer.”

2 Likes

Well, I don’t think anyone has ever accused Sandy Frank of subtlety…

1 Like