Who was that?

At the end of Carnival Magic during the Mads’ parade, there’s footage of an experiment (like Joel, Mike, and Jonah) but he’s wearing a purple jumpsuit. I haven’t seen all the episodes, so I may be missing something, but who was that?

4 Likes

That was Matt Claude Van Damme, played by @mattmcg22 himself!

4 Likes

As to whether we’ll ever see any more of Matt Claude Van Damme or what that bit actually meant… we’ll just have to wait and find out.

8 Likes

Umm, pardon me, but you say this as if we should know who Matt Claude Van Damme is. I have seen the name once or twice, and there is a somewhat unhelpful wiki page that basically says what you just said. But I basically know nothing of this skinny eggplant-person or the other fellow. I gather Matt McGinnis is cool though.

Now wait, don’t tell me, is this one of those things like telling the new flight cadets to go get a bucket of prop wash? Or do we get to find out about this when we learn the secret handshake? So, people who love to geek out on an obscure 90s puppet show are all about the inside jokes, huh? This simplifies everything! Packers! Golden Coral’s new slogan! Thank you, won’t we?

:laughing:

[Just to be clear, that is totally a dumb “joke,” but I am still genuinely confused about the Purple Man (not the David Tennant one).]

6 Likes
4 Likes

There are other experiments. Secret experiments yet to be revealed. You! You there at home. You too are one of Kinga’s experiments…

6 Likes

According to the old legend, if you look in the bathroom mirror and say @mattmcg22 's name three times he’ll show up in your thread and say “yo.”

6 Likes

@mattmcg22’s name you say?

Are you sure it was @mattmcg22?

(do I have to look into a mirror over my shoulder?)

2 Likes

The answer is 42.

2 Likes

Who was that masked man?

3 Likes

My cousin’s boyfriend’s uncle said @mattmcg22 in his mirror three times, and Matt McGinnis showed up in his thread, and it was horrible, just horrible!

Trust me, you don’t want that to happen.

6 Likes

Is Matt some kind of wizard?

5 Likes

Who was that lethargic, lunkheaded stranger?

3 Likes

The producers claimed we would find out who he was in Season 12. Like their claim that we would find out why the Bots are back on the Satellite that season, this was a filthy, filthy lie.

3 Likes

If the answer’s not yes, I’m throwing a fit.

4 Likes

I’ve heard it said that instead of a right hand, he has a golden robot claw

2 Likes